Curl Junkie Curl Fuel Curl Enhancing Spray

SuzyQ3SuzyQ3 Posts: 52Registered Users
Has anyone tried this? It has some salt in it, and I wondered whether it was very drying. I'd like to try it for for revival on the second and maybe even third day.

Here are the description and ingredients:

Curl Junkie Curl Fuel Curl Enhancing Spray is a reformulated version of our lightweight refresher spray that can feed your hair with needed moisture and curl enhancing ingredients to help add shine and definition and coax those curls out of hiding!

Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, (Vegetable) Glycerin, Panthenol, Sorbitol, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa Kernel (Oatstraw) Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Agave Nectar Extract, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,322Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i used the old formula from time to time and it never dried my hair despite the salt. in fact, i had to be careful as it is very conditioning and could be too much, so i would spray my hands and then apply it to my hair. (again, that was the old formula, i don't know how the newer one is).
    i think because until a year ago i rarely did 2nd day hair so i forgot about curl fuel. but liked it the times i used it.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • SuzyQ3SuzyQ3 Posts: 52Registered Users
    Thanks so much. The new formula supposedly has more moisture. Also, the salt is farther down in the list.
    let me know how you like it. i might purchase it.

• DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You might also like this one from Cantu...its ALOT cheaper!!

Comeback Curl Next Day Revitilizer

WATER (AQUA, EAU), GLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 20, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYL TRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PHENOXYETHANOL

I found that making my own refresher with diluted coconut conditioner and magnesium sulphate works just as well though.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

rbb wrote: »
    let me know how you like it. i might purchase it.

I ordered it and should be receiving it next week. I'll let you know what I think.
    so had a very hectic wash hair day yesterday, in and out, doing sweaty things, having to scrunch my hair before it was dry...... so today is day 2 and not a good day. i just remembered curl fuel sitting in the back of my closet, pulled it out and used it the way i always did, spraying it on my dry hands and running it thru my dry hair. WOW! what was i thinking, forgetting about this product! my hair has defined curls, volume, shine. the new curl fuel is on my order list for my next aveyou order.

let me how it works for you.

so had a very hectic wash hair day yesterday, in and out, doing sweaty things, having to scrunch my hair before it was dry...... so today is day 2 and not a good day. i just remembered curl fuel sitting in the back of my closet, pulled it out and used it the way i always did, spraying it on my dry hands and running it thru my dry hair. WOW! what was i thinking, forgetting about this product! my hair has defined curls, volume, shine. the new curl fuel is on my order list for my next aveyou order.

Noooooo! That means I will have to buy some too, my inner PJ demands it!

Unfortunately there is only 1 company (online) that sells CJ in the UK and the products are never on sale:cry:
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:

Hi, rbb. I did receive the spray and have tried it twice so far. I'm not giving up on it yet, but it does seem to make my hair rather dry and and give it an odd texture. It may be that I just don't do well with salt in a hair product. I'll update you if anything changes.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think this is a great product.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    chupie, how do you use it? as part of wash day styling, or as a refresher?

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've only used it as a refresher. I've bought a lot of them but it seems to work the best. Anyone with a q-redew should try it with the Curl Fuel.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    So I bought this spray but I can honestly say it's no better than the Cantu spray (£4 versus £14) or my homemade spray which costs next to nothing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file