Has anyone used any ORS hair products? I need your reviews please

nappymiminappymimi Posts: 75Registered Users
Hi y'all.....so you know how college or high school means affordable hair products right? well I'm all for it. I want to try a product from the ORS line and I really need your reviews on any of their products you've used.

I've used their relaxer & products that came with it back in my relaxed days but I prefer organics products & even their relaxer back then. I still use the organics hair mayonnaise. I am not a product junkie but i'm open to cheap & available products.

thanks!

Comments

• JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi! So I have used the No Boundaries Leave-In and their Set Me Up Jelly.

The leave-in was *very* light. I used it when I first went CG, and my hair was damaged and not in a good state, so I don't feel right judging the products when 1) my texture/curl pattern(s) were different and 2) I didn't know how to apply it correctly. But I do know it was light, so for thicker hair/coarse textures, you would either need a lot, or just something else thicker from their line. The smell wasn't bad, and now whenever I smell it, I'm reminded of my first semester of college in the late summer (when I first used it). The Set Me Up Jelly also has a pleasant smell, and definitely a jelly-like texture. I don't think I used this right either, so I won't say if it worked or not. But it was a little sticky.

I have a DevaCut in a week, and for that reason I kept many of my products that I initially deemed to be not working just so that when I'm left with only healthy hair, I can then determine whether or not they *actually* worked/didn't work for my hair, and I will definitely let you know about these two! They are what I have tried so far, but I might try more from the line, as the prices were good and the products smelled nice.
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • nappymiminappymimi Posts: 75Registered Users
    JunyJu wrote: »
    Hi! So I have used the No Boundaries Leave-In and their Set Me Up Jelly.

The leave-in was *very* light. I used it when I first went CG, and my hair was damaged and not in a good state, so I don't feel right judging the products when 1) my texture/curl pattern(s) were different and 2) I didn't know how to apply it correctly. But I do know it was light, so for thicker hair/coarse textures, you would either need a lot, or just something else thicker from their line. The smell wasn't bad, and now whenever I smell it, I'm reminded of my first semester of college in the late summer (when I first used it). The Set Me Up Jelly also has a pleasant smell, and definitely a jelly-like texture. I don't think I used this right either, so I won't say if it worked or not. But it was a little sticky.

I have a DevaCut in a week, and for that reason I kept many of my products that I initially deemed to be not working just so that when I'm left with only healthy hair, I can then determine whether or not they *actually* worked/didn't work for my hair, and I will definitely let you know about these two! They are what I have tried so far, but I might try more from the line, as the prices were good and the products smelled nice.

thank u! my hair prefers thick leave ins or light leave ins wt plenty slip and a buttery feel.

for d set me up jelly, I'm not a big fan of gels ever since I discovered how to make a curling pudding. see the recipe here http://t.co/qKmT5T9MGh but I don't mind trying anoda thing.

thanks for ur review, do let me know about your second review.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file