CurlTalk

I cut off my hair!

hobbshobbs Posts: 327Registered Users
I watched a movie last night (Ensemble, c'est tout) and the main character, played by Audrey Tautou, had gorgeous short hair. I got the hair-cutting itch again last night...and cut my hair this afternoon! I've had my hair short before and loved it...I seem to go through cycles of long and short hair. Anyways, just thought I'd post about it - pics are in my album. The hairdresser blowdried it straightish, but there isn't much curl when it's this short so I'm not too worried about needing to straighten it.

Comments

• FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    That looks too cute on you! The short hair works with your face shape really well!
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Posts: 219Registered Users
    It looks great! The short hair really suits your face.
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • hobbshobbs Posts: 327Registered Users
    Thank you! I'm so glad I cut it - it was a really spontaneous thing but I'm feeling comfortable with it.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    It looks FABULOUS!! :D I think I would do that in a minute if I had the face for it! I'm in awe! 8)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    That must be such a fun free haircut! It's adorable!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • carrie640carrie640 Posts: 216Registered Users
    OHH!! Must be something the air lately with cutting hair off! I just took nearly a foot off of mine!!

You had some GREAT curls going on there, but I, too, love it short! :)
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    WOW!! Looks like that hair cut was made just for you. BEAUTIFUL!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    LOVE IT!!!
  • sidittysiditty Posts: 62Registered Users
    hobbs wrote:
    I watched a movie last night (Ensemble, c'est tout) and the main character, played by Audrey Tautou, had gorgeous short hair. I got the hair-cutting itch again last night...and cut my hair this afternoon! I've had my hair short before and loved it...I seem to go through cycles of long and short hair. Anyways, just thought I'd post about it - pics are in my album. The hairdresser blowdried it straightish, but there isn't much curl when it's this short so I'm not too worried about needing to straighten it.

Yo0ur hair looks great, short or long. I really like the short cut though, very chic :)
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I love it! Looks great. :)
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • WavingNotCurlingWavingNotCurling Posts: 150Registered Users
    Just in time for spring! That is one of my favorite haircuts.
    *CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
    (overgrown) Inverted bob.
    *Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
    *Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
    *Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter
    Thanks so much guys! :D Washing it this morning was weird...there's just so much less hair!
    LOL, I bet!! I was going to ask you how that felt. :lol: So did you spend much less time getting ready? I am definitely jealous in a good way!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    it looks great!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    lushaholic wrote:
    LOL, I bet!! I was going to ask you how that felt. :lol: So did you spend much less time getting ready? I am definitely jealous in a good way!

It did take less time - I still blowdried it but it only took a couple minutes. Then I used some product a friend loaned me to make it kind of clumpy. It seems to be a lot less hassle altogether - less shampoo and conditioner, no upside down rinsing, plopping, mf towel, scrunching, lemon rinses, etc. :lol:
    Wow, sounds like heaven. :lol: So what are you going to do with all that extra time on your hands? :P
  • The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    WOW! That short cut looks really cute on you! You're lucky you have the face shape to wear your hair pretty much any length you want. Did you cut it yourself? I've been growing out my hair color for a while now and a cut like yours would really make it easier for me since my natural color is so different from the dyed color, and it just makes me want to dye over the new growth.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote:
    WOW!! Looks like that hair cut was made just for you. BEAUTIFUL!

I agree! Did you do it yourself or do you have the best stylist in the world? Looks awesome!!!
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    No, I'm horrible at cutting my own hair! I just got lucky...I hadn't gotten my hair cut here yet, so I just picked an expensive-looking salon and booked an appointment for that day, and the hairstylist I got did a great job! I'm going back home to Canada in a couple months though, and I hope my hairstylist can do the same thing with my hair. :P

lushaholic - I haven't decided yet! :lol: Maybe I'll eat a real breakfast instead of just coffee...
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Although I'm really not a fan of very short hair anymore, I have to admit yours is a cute cut! :)
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I love it! It looks fab on you!
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • LImeLIme Posts: 57Registered Users
    Your hair looks beautiful...Enjoy it :D
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Beautiful! :D
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    I am so digging your new haircut! It looks totally chic and very stylish! I love it!
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    WOW-the short style really suits you, gives you another very special look in addition to your look with longer curls. And how nice for you to be able to maybe have some food with your morning coffee :).
  • ManthaJayManthaJay Posts: 32Registered Users
    It looks fabulous.

I'm jealous that you had the courage to just chop it all off! I'm working my way to a cut that short, but I'm much more cautious and I've only been taking a couple inches off at a time.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    It looks beautiful! Although your long hair was beautiful too, this short new cut is so cute and chic. :) It really suits you. I wish I could pull it off too.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • KristaRoseKristaRose Posts: 546Registered Users
    I love your cut and I'm itching to do this, too. If I don't love my hair by July, I'm gonna do it! Would you let us know when/if you get "tired" of having short hair?
    3B
    Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.