Updated Komaza Analysis from 2 yrs ago!

My hair is changing from age or approaching menopause or both! I just did another Komaza hair analysis, last one was 2 yrs ago and I wanted to check the condition of my hair so I wanted to share my current analysis.

Here is the older analysis from Aug 2013:

Hair porosity: low(shock!)
Hair: Medium to Thick .066mm-.114mm(strand size)-more strands are thick than medium)
Texture/Feel: Coarse feeling

The analysis showed that the strands have very flat cuticles low porosity, very strong strands, very good/strong elasticity, and has issues receiving moisture. No damage, no split ends, only found one broken strand. Hair is healthy. Bulbs are nice & healthy, growth of hair, etc. healthy

Recs:

Do a moisturizing deep conditioning once a wk with plastic cap & hooded dryer.

Continue to wash hair 1 to 2 times a wk with shampoo-sulfate or sulfate free shampoo if using a shampoo with sulfates pre poo scalp before with coconut oil, massage throughout the scalp, leave in 20 mins, then shampoo.

When needing to moisturize hair in the morning(on pooless days try putting a damp wet warm towel over hair to allow the cuticles to open and then apply leave in conditioner(she suggested Komaza Coconut Hair Milk for my hair) and smooth into the hair with your fingers close together in a downward motion. Can also wet hands with water then apply the leave in conditioner.

She thinks the supplements that I am on are fine which are Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral, Caltrate + Vit D, B Complex 100.

The tel consult:

The first thing she asked was if I have mostly gray hair and I don't I'd say 10-20% maybe even less. She asked if I had a natural coarse feeling to my hair and I told her yes but water softeners help alot, however, I have hard water. I asked if my hair was coarse and she said no that it is med to thick in size of strands but texture/feel is coarse. I think they refer to thick strand as coarse and the feel as coarse.

Do not need to do heavy protein DTs for my hair and to avoid them.
Leave Ins and rinseouts that have some protein are okay for my hair, however, personally I cannot use them all the time as I am med to thick strand size and don't need all the protein.

Not to do conditioner washes. Use sulfate free shampoos or sulfate poos instead.

Oils are okay for my hair as a sealer or pre poo treatment. Oils also cut down the effects of sulfates.

Leave Ins strengthen the cortex of hair strand and if rinsing hair with water daily not giving time for the leave in to do its job.

Liked that I go for regular trims and thinks that is a big contributor as to why my hair is healthy.

And here is the current analysis June 2015:

Hair Texture: 0.048mm-0.098mm(majority of hair is a combo of Med-Coarse and had some fine strands)

Hair Porosity: Normal (cuticles are slightly lifted=normal porosity/they look better/have alot of cuticles)

Observation: Viewed collected hair shed under microscope using 60x to 1000x magnifications. Hair looks healthy, have some buildup and there are signs of thinning. Your hair looks much better than your last analysis.

Recommendations: Continue with 8 to 12 wk trimming.

Protein Hair Strengthener: Once a month/every 2 wks: Your hair can now accept a mild protein treatment, you can feel it out if you want to do a treatment every 2 wks or once a month. Our protein is mild and you can leave it in for only 10 mins and then rinse. Wash hair, rinse; apply the protein and let it sit for 10 mins; rinse; apply conditioner and let it set for 10 mins; rinse. The protein treatment will help to strengthen and protect the hair, minimize breakage and help the hair retain moisture and help control frizz. Protein will also bring your porosity to normal.

Apply leave in conditioner: Coconut Damage Control Serum; After you wash your hair; section your hair then apply the Coconut Damage Control Serum and detangle with your fingers while smoothing the product in your hair. Keep your fingers close together when you smooth the product in. Repeat the downward motion until you see the product has been absorbed by hair; do this to every section; then follow with a styler(gel/pudding). You may want to try a little hair serum that has argan oil in it just to help with frizz. If you try the serum you need very little for your whole head.

To help with dryness pre-poo with Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil all over your scalp and hair and let it sit for about 10 mins then wash. Do this once per wk.

Avoid products that have mineral oil and petroleum.

For Hair Growth:

Bountiful Mane Serum: Apply to the scalp daily. You can apply at night. This is everything you need to keep a healthy scalp and health growth. Will help prevent thinning.

For healthy Growth:

I recommend taking Country Life Maxi Hair Vitamin, Vitamin D3 2000 IU twice per day, L-Cysteine 1500 mg w/Vitamin C. This is the best supplement combination for hair growth and to prevent hair loss.

I was told that becuz of the number of diminishing root sheaths that were seen it shows that there is early signs of thinning. Which means both thinner strands which will effect the density and eventually lead to less strands on scalp. Going thru menopause is a huge factor if this is relevant or hormonal imbalance.

So that is my current updated hair analysis!
3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file