Is anyone else getting tired of their hair?

Okay. I love my natural hair and I lovee being a part of the natural hair community. It means so much more to me than hair. But on another more real level, I am just not as excited as I was during that first year of growth.

My hair is at a stage where it looks decent in a twist out, good in a puff, and great in a blowout. I feel like I'm just waiting til I reach bra strap length or waist length. In the meantime I've thought of coloring it, cutting it, or leaving it in protective styles.

Is anybody with me?

Comments

• waymire01waymire01 Posts: 117Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I totally understand.. I go through that every few months. I've been so tempted to layer mine lately, but I know I'll regret it if I do (been there, done that).. and I'll feel better about it with another inch of growth. It just goes through phases where it's at an awkward spot in curl formation I think...
    I used to just change up the color a little but the last time I did I had a horrible experience that resulted in a lot of damage so I'm gun shy now.
    Sometimes I'll use it as an excuse to experiment with new products.. by the time I'm done playing it's grown a bit, lol.
    3A, fine, porous, colored, protein sensitive
    Buildup/breakout with: butters, coconut/argan oil, polyquats.
    Poo:SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
    RO/CoW/DT/LI: TRESemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Conditioner

• GoldenBlazeGoldenBlaze Posts: 342Registered Users
    I got tired of mine and got a tapered cut.

Sent from my LG-D950 using CurlTalk App
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Every once and a while I get really tired of the length, not just because of the maintenance but I'd love to have hair that's edgy and stylish and not just 'pretty' I guess. I would love to have a bob with a fringe (bangs). I've never had them before though and I just know I'd regret cutting it all off. So many years of my life went into growing it lol.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    one of the same reasons I wont cut my hair unless I really just had to. I get bored easily and I need hair that I can do more with as far as styling. a twa is just not for me plus I need more hair on my face to take away from my huge head lol
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a guy and I don't get tired about my hair I get frustrated. My hair is shoulder length and pretty much same length all over. I'm between a 2b/2c. The frustrating part is my hair seems to look different all the time, it's either pretty wavy and can get pretty wavy/curly. I guess it depends on the weather. My hair I would classify as being somewhat thick. What's frustrating is possibly my style, shoulder one length. My hair is flat on the crown but wavy curly from crown down.

I'm wanting to maintain this length but probably need a stylist who's family with wavy hair. My current stylist chip cuts the ends to maintain length and says chipping will make it healthier.

Also what I'm really really hating is my receding hairline. It's not necessarily from losing my hair as it's always been like that. I can see it receding a bit more but being a man that's pretty much almost normal and have to live with it. But my style might need to change to appease to the hairline. My hair when it falls naturally is parted a bit and the one side I can see and notice my hairline on the side that the part goes away from. And then I notice sometimes the side of my hairline where the hair gets parted too depending how it drops I sometimes can see the hairline through the thick hair. It's like it wants to separate between the very point of harline and where hairline ends if that makes sense.

Probably doesn't look as bad as I see it but it bothers me. When my hair was shorter I was able to get more body on the crown and I guess my hairline was more hidden. Now with more weight my crown is less wavy and heavier showing off my hairline more.

Maybe it's time to find a wavy curly stylist and get more a a style to compensate for my hairline?
  • dvldvl Posts: 15Registered Users
    It's a woman's life. We all tired of our hair and of other things we have to take care of. Beauty has its price...:color:
  • ginabean98ginabean98 Posts: 197Registered Users
    Yes. I love my hair but I'm way overdue for a cut and am counting down the days! Its just blech right now
    2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair :queen:
    Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
    CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before
    :sunny:
    GOD really loves you. ∞
    HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
    *I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
    I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
    :cat:
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a similiar issue and I always end up cutting it. I'm currently on a mission to actually grow it out with less layers this time to see how I like it when it gets that far. I always second guess myself but I want to go all the way this time. I used to cut my hair by myself in the past and I'm trying to go back to that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have a similiar issue and I always end up cutting it. I'm currently on a mission to actually grow it out with less layers this time to see how I like it when it gets that far. I always second guess myself but I want to go all the way this time. I used to cut my hair by myself in the past and I'm trying to go back to that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App

I think that's my problem since my hair is shoulder length and all same length all over. I get it chipped cut every 4-6 weeks. Maybe I need layers or at least long layers. Not sure if my stylist is familiar cutting 2c/3 hair. There's a Deva cut place like a mile from our house but the charge $90 minimum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file