Any recs for CG-friendly anti-frizz products?

Maria240Maria240 Posts: 20Registered Users
I am trying out CG method and, as a result, battling frizz in a way I didn't when using cones on my 2c hair...

It would be great to hear any suggestions for keeping it at bay; especially something to be smoothed over air dried/2nd-day hair.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• bookgirlbookgirl Posts: 129Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle
    2c, fine, extremely dense, color-treated, high porosity.

CG since 10/12
  • CopperCrownCopperCrown Posts: 84Registered Users
    My favorite thing to smooth over on 2nd day hair is the Eversleek silicone free frizz serum. Usually one pump, lightly rubbed in my hands and smoothed over the top of my hair works great for me!
    2a/2b/2c (spirals on sides and underneath, less wavy canopy), fine texture, frizzy, med porosity, low/med density, normal elasticity, colored

Mod CG
    Wash: SM Fruit Fusion
    Co: Suave Coconut
    Cond: Suave Coconut, GVP CB
    Style: AG: ReCoil, SM FF Mousse, JF heat defeat, grapeseed oil
    DT: Coconut oil with GVP CB
    Method: squish to condish/ice queen, flour sack towel scrunch, products, diffuse & clip
  • Maria240Maria240 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Thanks so much for your replies. Both the Curls in a Bottle and the Eversleek seem to be just what I'm looking for. :blob3:

CopperCrown, do you ever apply the Eversleek serum to wet hair? If not, is there another styling product you're using to combat frizz after cleansing?
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I dried out my hair using a bad product and had the frizzies pretty bad. I bought loreal elio therapy conditioner and used it as a co wash and a leave in and a refresher and it helped immensely
    Maria240 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your replies. Both the Curls in a Bottle and the Eversleek seem to be just what I'm looking for. :blob3:

CopperCrown, do you ever apply the Eversleek serum to wet hair? If not, is there another styling product you're using to combat frizz after cleansing?

Sorry for not seeing this sooner! I was on vacation for a couple of weeks. I don't usually use it on first day hair. If it's going to be a humid day (most days are down south), I will smooth it over 2nd day hair in the morning. I usually just use a good amount of LALSG while my hair is soaking wet and that helps combat most frizz on day 1. Although just yesterday I rubbed a pea sized amount of SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie in my hands and smoothed it over my wet hair before applying gel. I was outside in 90 degrees and 100% humidity and my hair stayed perfect. And I have porous, frizz prone hair. So I think I'm going to continue using that as well. It's also kept my hair soft and moisturized under my gel without weighing it down.
    2a/2b/2c (spirals on sides and underneath, less wavy canopy), fine texture, frizzy, med porosity, low/med density, normal elasticity, colored

Mod CG
    Method: squish to condish/ice queen, flour sack towel scrunch, products, diffuse & clip
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My favorite thing to smooth over on 2nd day hair is the Eversleek silicone free frizz serum. Usually one pump, lightly rubbed in my hands and smoothed over the top of my hair works great for me!

Is it L'Oreal EverSleek Super Sleek Intense Serum?
    macher wrote: »

No, it's this one, the frizz taming cream serum. But looks like that one is also silicone free, and it has different ingredients, so I might have to try that one out next and see which one I like better.

Mod CG
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    macher wrote: »

No, it's this one, the frizz taming cream serum. But looks like that one is also silicone free, and it has different ingredients, so I might have to try that one out next and see which one I like better.

I've been using this stuff and it's been great.

SheaMoisture's Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser
  • demi.torowusdemi.torowus Posts: 30Registered Users
    Ogx Moroccan Argan Oil
    Dreamer, Disnerd, Fansie, and I'm a Mormon

"That's a lot of hair!" - "Tangled" and every hair stylist who's ever worked on my hair...

Co wash: Hair One Olive Oil
    Low Poo: Shiny Silver Ultra
    Leave-In: Hair One...
    Gel: HE Totally Twisted
    Curl Activator: Strictly Curls Perfect Curl Cream. Desert Essence Coconut Soft Curls Cream or MA Dream Waves Beach Spray
    Anti-Frizz: Ogx Moroccan Argan Oil
  • BluejacketsgirlBluejacketsgirl Posts: 94Registered Users
    I just did a review of this stuff and I REALLY like it. And it's 'cone free!! A little goes a long way, I bet my bottle will last 6 months or more.

SheaMoisture Smooth and Repair High Shine Glosser
    2C, low porosity, medium density
    CoWash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Low-Poo: SM Fruit Fusion Weightless Shampoo
    Rinse Out & Leave In: SM Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
    Syler: KCCC. BRHG
    Refresher: SheaMoisture Smooth and Repair High Shine Glosser

Read and follow my curly girl blog!:blob7:

Like me on Facebook!:thumright:
    Follow me on Twitter!:angel8:
    I just did a review of this stuff and I REALLY like it. And it's 'cone free!! A little goes a long way, I bet my bottle will last 6 months or more.

Oooh! Thanks for the review! I might have to add that to my to try list. What is the consistency like and is it a heavy or a lightweight product?

Mod CG
  • BluejacketsgirlBluejacketsgirl Posts: 94Registered Users

Oooh! Thanks for the review! I might have to add that to my to try list. What is the consistency like and is it a heavy or a lightweight product?

It's a very light oil, smells really good, all natural. You spray it into your hands and rub together, then distribute. For my whole head I use only 3 sprays. I don't have to touch it up really at all until my next wash. It's really, really good.
    2C, low porosity, medium density
    CoWash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Low-Poo: SM Fruit Fusion Weightless Shampoo
    Rinse Out & Leave In: SM Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
    Syler: KCCC. BRHG
    Refresher: SheaMoisture Smooth and Repair High Shine Glosser

Read and follow my curly girl blog!:blob7:

Like me on Facebook!:thumright:
    Follow me on Twitter!:angel8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji