SPIRAL SOLUTIONS possibly will reopen in future monts!

rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
i just went onto the spiral solutions etsy website and here is what she has posted:

The response to the close has been overwhelming. I got very emotional at the positive feedback I received and the number of customers who were sad to see the shop go. So I am re-considering the permanence of the close... keep in mind that I am in the middle of a cross country move and it will be some time before I decide whether or not to re-open. So I guess what I am trying to say is... keep in touch and if you are in favor of Spiral Solutions then do let me know! I will weigh my decision based on customer feedback. I do not want to close the shop if I don't have to.... Let me hear from you!!

contact her if you want to be able to purchase her products again at some later date.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: curl junkie 
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• lj2lj2 Posts: 130Registered Users Curl Novice
    I was sooooo hoping that she would reconsider. Thanks again, rbb, for keeping us all up to date and helping to spread the word. I know I will be contacting her!
    3A, fine, low porosity. Hair tends to be dry/frizzy

Favorite product lines: Curl Junkie, Sevi Organics
    Shampoo: Curl Junkie Daily Fix, CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, All Sevi Shampoos
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Smoothing Conditioner, Repair Me (really all CJ conditioners), All Sevi Conditioners
    Styling: Curl Junkie CCCC & Pattern Pusha, CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ CIAB, Anything Sevi
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Honestly if there ever were a company that deserves to be picked up nationally it's her. The difficulty of knowing whether products will be available is the only thing that kept me from reordering. It really is good stuff.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i agree.
    i think in the earlier years she was struggling with the company growing -- she started at etsy and then grew to have her own website, then joined forces with a woman who did natural fragrances i think i remember??? and then back to etsy.
    it is difficult for a sole business owner to keep things going and have a family life, and there are times you just have to put family first and let other things go. since she has come back on etsy she has been open and had announcements when to expect sold out products to be back in stock.
    what i liked about her is that she always said when she had to close down and no one was left hanging with an unfilled order. if she couldn't ship an order, she didn't take an order. so we could not purchase a product but we didn't lose our money.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • lj2lj2 Posts: 130Registered Users Curl Novice
    Totally agree. Her customer service/communication has been really good.
    3A, fine, low porosity. Hair tends to be dry/frizzy

Favorite product lines: Curl Junkie, Sevi Organics
    Shampoo: Curl Junkie Daily Fix, CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, All Sevi Shampoos
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Smoothing Conditioner, Repair Me (really all CJ conditioners), All Sevi Conditioners
    Styling: Curl Junkie CCCC & Pattern Pusha, CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ CIAB, Anything Sevi
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm so hoping she reopens. (!!!!) Thanks for keeping us posted.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love her products so I'll make sure to email her this week. She does seem to have great communication, unlike many other small businesses.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've never had any problem ordering from her, she's been so great. I just sent her an email. Exciting to think there's a chance she's not closing permanently.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great to hear! I've also sent her a message :).
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've got so much stuff that I've never used her products but the amount of love ya'll have for her products makes me want to try them and I hope she reopens. I would totally order!
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • CurlySiaCurlySia Posts: 164Registered Users
    Thanks for the update!

I sent her a message letting her know I'm eager to purchase from her again should she reopen in the future.

Maybe a couple weeks before she announced the closing I'd purchased her protein treatment. During her sale I only bought two jars of Emollience because I didn't want to fall in love with anything else and not be able to buy it again. Even though I know those two jars will last a good while, I'm still wishing I'd bought more -- just in case!
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I sent her not one, but two emails mentioning how I love her products and I'm rooting for her to reopen, or at least am glad she is keeping the door opened. :)

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah!!!! I will send her another encouraging note and hope she will reopen after she gets established in her new home. Now I can look forward to trying other products in the Spiral Solutions line. Yeah!!!
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    amy51373 wrote: »
    I've got so much stuff that I've never used her products but the amount of love ya'll have for her products makes me want to try them and I hope she reopens. I would totally order!
    Same for me.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Don't forget to keep encouraging Shantel to reopen the Spiral Solutions store! One of my first purchases will be the Emollience Hair and Body Butter.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights