Living proof curl mousse. Pics.

So I went to Ulta yesterday in search of B&B curl conscious foam but they didn't sell it! So I saw the living proof mousse and decided to give it a whirl. For reference I have low/low-med porosity, fine and delicate, 2c/3a/some 3b. My hair doesn't do so well with strictly co washing, it thrives in hard water to give it some extra oomph, and I am still figuring out its dislikes and likes. I love what protein does for it, and it's gets easily weighed down with heavy products. My top layer is a tighter curl than my under layer, and the piece around my ears is just wavy enough, but will curl a little bit. So here ya go...
ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1435426883.017644.jpg
ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1435426892.630183.jpg
ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1435426905.201712.jpg

In these pictures I washed with MyDNA low-poo, conditioned with GVPCB, left barely any condish in my hair, scrunched in the amount of mousse the directions said, plopped for about 10 mins, diffused for about 10 mins, then air dried. I do have some frizz but I had to diffuse a little. The product was very foamy and you couldn't rub it in your hands too much or it was just disappear. Going into my hair it felt great! Did not get that instant dry feeling, or a greasy feeling either. My curls looked good coming out of the plop, and got a little frizzy during diffusing. Once dry it was soft and my hair had really good body. For my hair, I kind of need to choose between definition/less frizz and more volume. I prefer volume over perfect ringlets. Messy-ish big curls are what I like :) I live in GA so very humid, and I was sitting outside in a little bit of rain for about three hours. The pics are at the end of the night. So there ya go! Any questions please feel free to ask! I'm really excited with the results. Mousse is definitely what my hair needs. Gels are not so great and creams weigh it down.

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks amazing. Your curls are really nice. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Looks good. I'm a mousse user too but I don't seem to do well with the the type of mousses that disappear in your hands like that. Not sure I can get Living Proof here either, just another to add to the list!
    3b in South Australia.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I liked their mousse very much. Then I tried Oscar Blandi and liked it even more but that seems very hard to find anymore so it's good LP has a good one. Only product of theirs I really like so far. Their serum is good too I will say.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • corinniePopcorinniePop Posts: 138Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WOW. Your curls look amazing! You have such beautiful hair! How expensive is this miraculous mousse?
  • curlyQcutie22curlyQcutie22 Posts: 151Registered Users
    Thank you so much! I've been struggling with it lately, but I am happy I found this mousse.

However, the miracle stops at the price 😭 I'm too ashamed to admit how much a spent on a sample size alone...just look it up on Ulta! Lol.

I do like it, but I am going to try some other well rated mousses in the next few weeks. If this mousse beats the others, then I might bite the bullet and get the full size but I would have to be very sparing in using it. I am still working on a good FSG recipe, so who knows.
    Yeah but the good news is the larger size is WAY more in volume than the travel size so it's more economical.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Also how much mousse do you estimate you used?
    Yes, it is! I was crazy for getting the travel size, but I didn't look at the price difference well enough and Ulta has a good return policy 😣 oh well.

My hair is barely at my shoulders, it just brushes it. I used about a golf ball and a half I guess? The first time (these pics) I added more during diffusing just a little bit, but it didn't do much. The following day I had to pull it back for work and put on a hat so second day hair was a no-go. I redid it the next day with the same amount but no add in with diffusin and less diffusing. I also scrunched in a teeny bit of GVPCB under it, because the first try had a bit of a dry feeling (probably the glycerin in high humidity). Got just as good of a curl and I was able to refresh the second day but there was frizz. I don't like a lot of frizz, but frizz free curls don't look so great on my fine hair. I need volume and I don't mind frizz if I get volume. Perfect spiral curls are great sometimes for special occasions, but most days I like a messier curl.
    It doesn't have a lot of hold, and crunch in minimal once dry but i can't use products with a lot of hold because it usually weighs me down. This was a good combo of hold and lightness. It let my curls bounce up with hasn't happened in a while!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file