Chopped after almost 22 months!

Last night, after almost 22 months of transitioning, I locked myself in my bathroom and an hour and a half later I had chopped off all my relaxed and heat damaged hair. I had been slowly cutting off my ends over the past year and have maybe cut 8ish inches in that time and last night I cut off probably 10ish.
I have had long, straightened or relaxed hair most of my life so this is definitely going to take a bit of getting used to. Especially since I get like 50% shrinkage (ugh!) But I was so sick and tired of spending 2 hours washing and styling every wash day only to have it look horrible and throw it up in a ponytail or bun the whole week anyways.
I don't regret chopping and I'm proud of myself for lasting almost 2 years in transitioning hell lol!
The first 2 pictures are from my first couple of weeks going CG and the last 2 are from today with my hair 90-95% dry from my first natural wash n go, a year and a half after going CG.
I still have some straight bits but I'll get those later.

3B/3C
Fine thickness, medium density, high porosity

CG since 1/25/2014
BC 6/25/2015
Still figuring my hair out

Comments

• potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 175Registered Users
    I think I'm 3B or 3C depending on the section of hair. Opinions?

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    It's beautiful. I love your curls and yes, I think you're a 3b or 3c.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
    It's beautiful. I love your curls and yes, I think you're a 3b or 3c.

Thank you!!

Only my mother and brother have seen my new hair in person and 1 friend from a picture I sent her so I don't really know how it looks to others.
    My brother said he didn't like it but he shaves his head bald so his opinion on hair is irrelevant to me lol

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, 3B/3C. It's lovely! Don't worry, the amount of us here that will love it will more than make up for your brother's non taste in curls (I say the same thing about my mother).

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • DCWavyLadyDCWavyLady Posts: 373Registered Users
    I LOVE it!!! Looks healthy and I can't believe how well you framed your face and made it even in the back yourself! Great job!!
  • testimony777testimony777 Posts: 237Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Your hair looks amazing; you did a great job with the cut! Congrats to you for making through such a long transition, you did a good job and your hair shows it:)
    Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
    Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
    Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
    Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
    Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray
    Thank you all so much for the kind words! It's very comforting given this huge change. This website and the people on it have been so helpful during my transition.
    I'm surprised it turned out fairly even all around. I guess that's the fruits of going curl by curl even though it took forever. I refused to military chop like I saw some youtubers do.
    Honestly, it's kind of a bowl cut lol!

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The shaping you have in your avatar pic looks better than mine did after my last visit to the hairdresser! I think you deserve a big pat on the back. I'd say your curls are 3c all the way, and very healthy looking.
    3b in South Australia.
    Haha thanks! I used $7 shears I got at a small beauty supply store :toothy8:

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    Very healthy looking hair... I'd say 3b/3c.
    I think my hair will look pretty much JUST LIKE YOURS once all my processed parts are gone. Today I chopped about 2 inches off.... I've been cutting away slowly for the pass few years.
    Your hair looks beautiful!

Sent from my XT1060 using CurlTalk App
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is beyond beautiful. Oh my word 😳

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    what a transformation! i love both your curls and your cut! it certainly does not look chopped but just a very good cut.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Beautiful curls!!! That's an amazing cut for doing it yourself! I wish I had the guts to do that.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 117Registered Users
    Your hair looks great! Beautiful curls. :)
    Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
    Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
    Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
    RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse
    Thanks so much everyone! You've all been complimenting the cut but honestly I didn't actively put in a style I just cut where the relaxed and natural met and it just happened to fall pretty nicely. The only part that's a little wonky is the bangs area because my hair is naturally denser, curlier, and slower growing in that area.
    kurlygurly wrote: »
    Very healthy looking hair... I'd say 3b/3c.
    I think my hair will look pretty much JUST LIKE YOURS once all my processed parts are gone. Today I chopped about 2 inches off.... I've been cutting away slowly for the pass few years.
    Your hair looks beautiful!

Sent from my XT1060 using CurlTalk App

Mini chops are the way to go! It's much less shocking to cut off a couple of inches at a time than like 15 at once. Props to you for mini chopping for years! You have more patience than I do

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file