Hair style suggestions?

araneaaranea Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I've just recently started going natural with my 3B hair! It's to my shoulder when wet, slightly above when cry and shrunk. It's long enough to put into a ponytail, but I'm a bit bored with wearing it down and voluminous or up in a pony. Any suggestions? What about things like head scarves? Would love to hear some cute styling tips! I'm a huge fan of simple; I don't want to break from my routine product and spend a long time styling for a single day, but I'll hear what you have to say!

Comments

• JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi! Okay, I know exactly how you feel. When I first went curly I had the same issue. First I'm going to point you to the Youtuber who helped me with style ideas (many of which I still do today because they're so simple). Luhhsettyxo is her channel, and she does makeup, hair, college/school tips, etc. She has tons of vids on hairstyles, but this is the one that really helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX9usFnx6Ow.

Another I learned was to separate your hair in half as if you were going to do the half up, half down style. Put the rest in a pony, then separate the front section down the center into two section. Twist each into a small bun and secure them, then let the rest out. ( I also posted this on the StyleNook, as well as a couple others!)

You can also separate about an inch or two of hair from the front of your head all the way across and flat twist/braid/plait it for a braided headband look, leaving the rest out (or you can put the rest in a pony or bun!)

Hope this helps! :)
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file