Got New Hair Cut!

testimony777testimony777 Posts: 237Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hello Curlies,

I got my first every Deva Cut today at Penny Lane Studios in Chcago and I am so happy with it! Coral did my cut. She is a National Educator for DevaCurl. She was so great; she gave me exactly what I wanted. It is the first cut I have ever had where I didn't leave in and cry in my car because my hair was butchered.

In addition to being a great stylist she was so knowledgable about curly hair. I thought I knew my hair pretty well but she was able to give me some tips and some information that I didn't know. For example I knew my texture was medium but I actually thought I was on the courser side of medium because all I have to compare it with are my daughters hair who both apparently have very fine hair. My hair is actually on the fine to medium. She also gave me some great tips for my little girls hair as well. She told me that the stage where there scalps are super tender usually goes away after age nine because of hormone changes (who knew).

All in all it was a wonderful salon visit and I am so happy with my shape. If any of you are looking for a salon in Chicago Penny Lane is a great one. In addition to Coral they have four other deva inspired stylists two of which are advanced stylists.
Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is absolutely beautiful. Love your new cut. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • testimony777testimony777 Posts: 237Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Angela!

Products
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Absolutely gorgeous!
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You and your hair are beautiful 😊 Glad this hair cut worked out for you :)

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    That's a great cut! You are so beautiful.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Wow, what a brilliant cut, it looks lovely! What gorgeous hair you have.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You are beautiful and you look so happy. :cheers:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, you look fabulous! but you would look fabulous no matter what.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hello Curlies,

I got my first every Deva Cut today at Penny Lane Studios in Chcago and I am so happy with it! Coral did my cut. She is a National Educator for DevaCurl. She was so great; she gave me exactly what I wanted. It is the first cut I have ever had where I didn't leave in and cry in my car because my hair was butchered.

In addition to being a great stylist she was so knowledgable about curly hair. I thought I knew my hair pretty well but she was able to give me some tips and some information that I didn't know. For example I knew my texture was medium but I actually thought I was on the courser side of medium because all I have to compare it with are my daughters hair who both apparently have very fine hair. My hair is actually on the fine to medium. She also gave me some great tips for my little girls hair as well. She told me that the stage where there scalps are super tender usually goes away after age nine because of hormone changes (who knew).

All in all it was a wonderful salon visit and I am so happy with my shape. If any of you are looking for a salon in Chicago Penny Lane is a great one. In addition to Coral they have four other deva inspired stylists two of which are advanced stylists.

Fantastic!!! Wow. You have like model perfect hair!!!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Thanks everybody; you all are so kind :love7: ! Curlypearl I was so happy lol. I spent a week prepping myself for what I thought was the inevitable (too much being cut off and the shape not being at all what I had in mind). I had given myself the whole "it's just hair it will grow back" and "whatever she does you can just fix it when you get home" pep talks several times so I was absolutely, over the moon delighted when I left lol.

Products
  • CurlySiaCurlySia Posts: 164Registered Users
    Love your cut! It frames your face wonderfully.

There are no Deva stylists in my area but I needed at least a trim in a bad way after neglecting my hair when my daughter was a newborn. I took a gamble and went to a stylist who offers a "dry cut". She did a decent job, but also let me know I could come back for an "adjustment" to tidy up any curls that she missed. I just went on and snipped them off myself.

Next time I'll travel. Seems like it'll be worth it!
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    Girl you look absolutely GORG!!! I'm getting a DevaCut soon so this made me even more excited :D
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
    CurliSia, after this experience I would say it is definitely worth it! Deva Cuts (allegedly) grow out very nicely so you should only need to have it done once or twice a year. Coral (the stylist who cut my hair) told me that once a year would probably be fine for me since I'm still growing it out. Go on and treat yourself:)

Products
    Girl you look absolutely GORG!!! I'm getting a DevaCut soon so this made me even more excited :D

Thanks Curlysophie! Yay for Deva Cuts; please post a pic of your cut when you get it:)

Products
  • wavesandsmileswavesandsmiles Posts: 59Registered Users Curl Novice
    Glad to hear you had a great haircut experience! I know finding a good stylist is a huge challenge so I'm excited to hear that you found one who gets your hair.
    Your hair is beautiful!
    CG since June 2011 :)
    2b/c, thick, medium/coarse, low-medium porosity
    full Chinese Canadian
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users

Thanks Curlysophie! Yay for Deva Cuts; please post a pic of your cut when you get it:)

I will! :toothy10:
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights