So Much Frizz!!

I have extremely long, thick hair. I honestly don't know which type. Probably a mix of 2a/2b/2/c/3a? Been co-washing and following CG method for 5 weeks. Using gel does not help the frizz at all. I seem to have less frizz (but no definition and too much volume) when I don't leave in any conditioner. I really want to stick with this method as I'm so sick of fighting my natural hair but I look homely! I know I have damage from years of straightening and being rough with my hair as well as regrowth from post-partum hair loss. Could this be what's causing the frizz and if so is there anything I can do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    First thing to do is determine your hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free It's the best way to choose ingredients/products. Then you can look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use. It's a good place to start.

The foundation for great hair is a good haircut. You need to have the appropriate layering, especially if your hair is long and dense. It will help "lighten" things up to enhance curl formation. The weight of your hair could be pulling the curl out.

You don't mention what products you are using. Just because they are CG doesn't mean that your hair likes them and they are not building up. My hair HATES castor and mineral oils. I can't use products with a lot of chemicals, especially polyquats 4, 7 & 10 (gives me frizz, even when wet.)

The whole process is a learning curve. Lots of trial and error. For most of us, it's all worth it in the end.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ConsciouslyWildConsciouslyWild Posts: 2Registered Users
    I was using Down Under Naturals Nude Coconut and switched to Tre Semme Naturals thinking the thicker formula might help but it doesn't. Been using the LA Naturals Gel. Thank you for responding! I will definitely check out the link you provided. I've been neglecting my hair for decades so I know it's gonna take a while to figure everything out. It's just so frustrating!! Thanks again :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file