Scissor-happy!

sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
Since going curly I've been dead-set against getting another short cut, because when I was working against my pattern my hair was so awkward. Well, after having my hair long (well, long to me anyway) for so long, I'm ready to chop the damn thing off!

I know how my pattern works at chin length, but I'm not sure what it would do any shorter than that. It's been so long, and I swore to myself I'd never do it again.. but I miss not having hair in my face all the time - plus my dog grabs ahold of it all the time. I keep thinking maybe it'll be different since I know how to style my hair now? I dunno.

I've been browsing cuts and will attach a few of my favorite ones. The first picture on the left was my hair a couple months ago. I adore my cut now, and I have mixed feelings parting with it.. I just can't stand the long-ness.

What do you think? Or should I go full 1" pixie again? Or keep my current cut and get long bangs?
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
:bunny:
NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
:thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd say it would be most like that second one. Those straighter ones you'd definitely have to use an iron on.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I wouldn't straighten it, I was just looking at that length and cut. My hair barely waves when it's that short anyway. At least 5 years ago it didn't.
    You might be surprised now. Your know a lot more about your hair than 5 years ago.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Though I have to tell you I miss my 4 inches.
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Would you be willing to maybe try an angled cut/bob? That way you could get hair out of your face, and see at least on some parts how shorter hair would do. Then if you still don't like the longer parts you can always go shorter.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
    lolo918 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to maybe try an angled cut/bob? That way you could get hair out of your face, and see at least on some parts how shorter hair would do. Then if you still don't like the longer parts you can always go shorter.

I have an angled cut right now. The shorter bits just wave a little. I'm going to keep the front a bit longer, but the back is going short! I'm leaning toward Kaley Cucoco's cut. I think it'd be super cute straight, wavy, or curly.
    chupie wrote: »
    You might be surprised now. Your know a lot more about your hair than 5 years ago.

Yeah, that's my only hesitation.. not sure what the heck it is going to do! I know what the back will do, because I've still kept it short.. not sure about the front.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I LOVE Kaley's haircut. I think it'd look so cute :D
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    All this time I've been thinking your hair was one length, @sixelamy! I think the Kaley cut would look fabulous on you.

3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
    Ok, so I got the cut, and the stylist put this stupid ass layer in my hair that is totally NOT in Kaley's cut! So now my hair does stupid stuff and I have to straighten it everyday. Had it all been one length like I see in the picture, it would've been fine. I'm kind of pissed. And she gave me face framing layers, and I HATE those! I do NOT see those in her cut either. So now I go on vacation next week in hot humid weather, and now I'm trying to decide if I should just get short pixie or just suck it up and be annoyed for 2 months until it can look decent enough to wave/curl on its own.

My regular stylist pissed me off, so I went to a different one. Figures this would happen. Had I seen layers in her hair, I would've specified I didn't want them. It's a cute cut, just not what I wanted or thought I was getting.

Any ideas I could do to keep the annoying shelf layer up front out of my face?
  • FrugalbeautyFrugalbeauty Posts: 5Registered Users
    I think the length in the second pic would be flattering on you. Your lucky you have that type of face were you can pull off a short do

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file