Thinning hair, oily roots, dry ends

cheveuxgenantcheveuxgenant Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi!
I have a real problem with my hair and I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I really need your help!

I have type 2A hair, it's wavy and usually very dry on 2\3 of it plus the tips. But my scalp is weirdly oily, the gross kind of oily that just feels weird. It usually gets this way a couple of hours after I washed it, especially if I comb it.

I've been experiencing weird hair loss on and off for the past two years. I have two almost bald spots on the right and left side of my head, by my temples. And at the back of my head as well. I don't know why my hair is this way.

I dry it naturally. I tried using all kinds of remedies but nothing works.

Any clue what the hell my hair is doing?

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Now, I do know that it's not uncommon for some individuals to have very oily roots, and to have the rest of their hair to be on the drier side. I know that you mentioned about having tried everything, and nothing seems to work. I know that Aussie sells a Cleanse and Mend Shampoo, along with a Cleanse and Mend Conditioner. It is designed for individuals that have hair like yours. These products are not free of cones, and the shampoo is not sulfate free. However, if you have not given either a try, and you are open to trying them, then I would recommend giving them a try, or even possibly trying Suave's Daily Clarifying Shampoo and Daily Clarifying Conditioner instead (as cheaper alternatives), if you haven't already tried these products too.

Now, when it comes to the continuous hairloss that you have been experiencing,I would honestly seek medical help for such, either from your primary doctor or a dermatologist. I had been suffering with a dry, itchy scalp for a very long extended period of time, I had tried a lot of stuff, none of which provided long-term results. I presently go to see a dermatologist for my face on a monthly basis, but had kept quiet about discussing my chronic scalp issues with him, as my scalp had gotten to the point, where it would itch me so bad, till I would actually find myself scratching my scalp overnight. Upon my last dermatologist visit, I finally decided to talk with him about my scalp, and he thoroughly checked out my scalp. I was prescribed a special medicated shampoo that he wants me to use (he doesn't want me using any cleansing conditioners or any other shampoos, besides what I have been prescribed to use to cleanse my hair with), along with a medicated spray (that I apply to my scalp twice a day, everyday). Besides that, I use one styling product in my hair, and that's it. My regimen is very, streamlined, and only consists of three products at this time. The only thing that's subject to change is my actual stylers, but that is it. My only regret was not seeking medical help for my scalp condition earlier, because it would have saved me from wasting a lot of money on products that weren't developed to specifically treat the medical scalp condition which I have.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file