Aphogee 2 Min. Keratin Reconstructor packette

Lately I've been feeling like my hair is too soft and not holding a curl as well as it usually does, so I figured a PT is in order. I picked up a packette of the 2 Min. Keratin Reconstructor but it seems kind of small. I have REALLY dense hair so my whole life I've had to use double of everything to fully coat all my strands. But since this is protein I am afraid of going overboard. Can any other dense-haired curlies weigh in on this? Should I use one packette or two?

Comments

• DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You could try the Hask Keratin treatment, you get 50ml per sachet which i think is more than the Aphogee
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I have actually never bought the packette form, only the large sized bottle of it only. I do find it to be a really great product. As, it has always worked very well for my hair, and has never dried it out, unlike the Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment which doesn't do anything positive when it comes to strengthening my hair at all, and hapoens to dry my hair out terribly too. I have had the 2-Step Protein Treatment used on my hair when it was relaxed and even after going natural, and the results were always the same. Since you have really dense hair, I would buy 2 or 3 packets of the 2-Minute Reconstructor just to be on the safe side, okay.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file