Want to manage next day curls without products

CurlybobbyCurlybobby Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
On the day, I wash my hair, it is really beautifully curled. But on the next day, all the curl definition is gone. My hair looks really messy and I have to comb it. Even after using a wide toothed comb, all the curls are gone. Help me!

Comments

• DrRachDrRach Registered Users Posts: 264 Curl Neophyte
    Are you combing your hair dry on day 2?

On day 2/3 I spray lightly with dilute conditioner and then smooth my hands down my hair, followed by gentle scrunching. This smooth any frizz (finger twirl any really bad bits) and reactivates the product on my hair from day 1. Once it's dry I just SOTC.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Hello!

My best advice is to you, is to use styling product as needed on a daily basis, to revive and restore your curls in between washings. In order for my curls to look their best each day, in between hair washings, re-apply more styling product to my hair is an absolute must. Most of the styling products that I own can be used on both wet and dry hair, so I know that re-applying these products onto dry hair, helps a whole lot with helping to maintain the look of my curls until I happen to wash them again. If I happen to use a styler that is designed for use on wet hair only, I always make sure to buy the recommended curl refresher product (within the same haircare line), that is to be used on 2nd day hair and beyond, in order to keep my curls looking their best daily.

And, I do not ever recommend combing or even brushing ones curls while they are in a dry state. This can lead to not only a lot of frizz, but also cause damage to ones curly hair as well.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • CurlybobbyCurlybobby Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    I am really scared that the product would damage my hair and make it thin and weak. I cannot avoid combing because my hair looks really messy and in order for it to look presentable, that is the only option. However, I shall try using products. Could you please suggest some for managing curls on days post hair-wash?
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    Hi! Try using your conditioner (diluted with some water, I've done half and half) in a spray bottle to refresh your curls.

Currently what I do is a 'water wash' on days 2+, because my hair just cannot be worked with unless it is wet. I simply get in the shower, sit under the water long enough to get my hair soaked, detangle gently (which works fine without adding more conditioner because I use it as a leave in on Day 1), get maybe a quarter sized more amount of conditioner (I use DevaCare One Condish) and smooth it over my hair. Then I flip and scrunch in only a dime sized amount of their gel (since some of this is leftover from Day 1 as well) and I'm good to go! You can also do this without adding more product, so long as you don't rinse for too long and consequently remove the product from Day 1. My hair just happens to be very dense and tangles quickly, so I have to detangle daily which means I need more water than someone with finer hair that is less prone to tangling would.

:)
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • Profile123hairProfile123hair Registered Users Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    i think it is difficult to manage curls with out product. now a days product is very useful for rough and dry hair...
  • SeylinSeylin Registered Users Posts: 10
    i think it is difficult to manage curls with out product. now a days product is very useful for rough and dry hair...

I agree. I was trying to not use anything on the second day, but I have NO curl definition, it doesn't look super tangly, but it is not great. :(
    DevaCurl Nopoo
    Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioner
    Shea Moisture Jamican Black Caster Oil Leave-in
    Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souflee

2C/3A
    Coarse
    Thick
    High elasticity
    Porosity ?!?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji