Do I need a harder hold gel or just more of what I am using?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I like how my hair looks after it dries but as the day progresses the waves become straighter and less defined. It's not frizzy as much as shapeless.

I have a new short haircut and I like it, but having trouble getting consistent results that last. I am using Kinky Curly Leave-in, Curls in a Bottle, mixed with a little Ouidad Climate Control gel and I smooth KCCC on individual strands which makes them shine more. Do I have to buy a harder hold gel?

I will try using more KCCC but wanted your input. How do you make the curls (I don't actually have curls - just waves 2c) last?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi CP!
    If I don't use a HHG (hard hold gel) over top of my LI & "middle" product, my curls & waves almost disappear by the next day. Topping things off with BRHG, I can go 3, maybe 4 days with good definition. Plus it saves a lot of water usage, a lot of time and reduces damage caused by hygral fatigue from frequent washing.
    :D
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sheilacurl, nice to hear from you! Thank you so much for your input.

You answered my question exactly. I actually x-posted in the 2 thread because I thought nobody would answer my question because it seems so obvious, but I really wasn't sure what to do. I'm excited - I'm going to get BRHG. :blob7:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • Curls80Curls80 Posts: 526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, BRHG is definitely going to give you hard hold. I recently tried my Spiralicious gel again and loved it. I also just got Curl Queen and it seems to give a fairly hard hold as well. To be honest also I find amounts vary so much from person to person. I actually use quite a bit of product- my hair sucks it up and I find if I used "the recommended amount," it's usually a lot less than I would usually use, and my hair would just go to frizz sooner. I still experiment with amounts! It never ends lol....
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Curls80 - I have to second what you said - it never ends!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file