Has anyone else tried this on here?

JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So some of you may have seen my pics not too long ago (the thread is literally a few posts down I think!) where I was struggling with this back section of my hair that was dry and frizzy.

I was bored yesterday and went on Youtube to see what I could watch, just looking for style ideas, and I came across one of SunkissAlba's videos on heat damage/her DC'ing routine. I gave it a peek, and then tried the protein treatment she used, and I was in shock. That back section of my hair is not only softer and less dry now, but it is *actually* even curling! She said something about hair being a protein, and that this is the reason why the treatment worked, because damage = loss of protein and this treatment helps to restore that? I'm still learning a ton, but I found that interesting, and the treatment was a godsend. Even though I'm still saving up to get a professional cut to finish off the damage/split ends, after that treatment I feel happy wearing my hair out and relieved that it actually worked, seeing how picky my hair usually is!

Have any of you had anything like this happen? I won't say that it's THIS specific treatment that my hair needed, because I know there are others (but this just so happened to be with things I already have at home - 1 egg and 2 tbsp of coconut oil).

Aside from asking for others to share their experiences, I'd also like to add that if you have damage and have been searching for something you can do at home to help, you should definitely give this a try!
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair's protein sensitive, but I understand the transformation bit. (When my hair needs some protein, I just use a slightly more "protein-y" conditioner instead of my usual RO).

After I started properly moisturizing/detangling my hair (esp. the back) again, the back, which was always somewhat of a mess, relaxed into thick bundles of tight spirals. At that point, I had been natural for a while, but had just gotten a new cut and was getting back into the swing of things product-wise. It's always nice to see what your hair can do with some TLC. (Though in my case, it was really learning that the back of my hair loves product.)
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very true!

I was so happy to see the part curl. It scared me for a while because I was worried it was all heat damage, and to have to cut *that* much hair was a depressing thought! I shouldn't have been so surprise though, since this is only my sixth month since going natural, so it's normal to not know all that my hair needs just yet! :laughing1:
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file