DevaCurl products drying?

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
I was given lo poo shampoo, gel ,& condish by a friend. I've been using them about 6 weeks, not doing my hair any more often but it seems to be much drier...has Nyone else had this problem. Usually here in CO we're pretty dry, but the month of may had 2 days of sun in 3 weeks. Thank God we didn't have what friends and fam put up with in tx, but a lot for here. And we've been here for 15 yrs and have forgotten how to deal with humidity!:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    once deva changed all the formulas in 2009/2010, i could no longer use their products -- they dried my hair out something fierce!!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 509Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair felt dry with those products too but it was mainly because my hair WAS dry, super dry. It was not moisturizing at all for me. Plus I am protein sensitive so my hair was dry and stiff with deva stuffs.
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin
    Styler: Curl Keeper Original, Ouidad Climate Control gel, LA Looks gel
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks Ladies. Guess I will be searching again. But I do like the gel.

RBB--your hair is so very pretty...I was going to ask what products you use until I read your signature :D
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks! yes, curl junkie!! (i purchase them from aveyou.com which always has discount codes and barely any shipping fees. and i also buy them when marsha has her semi annual sales.
    and i use spiral solutions emollience to seal, love ss, but she is closing her business in a few days. :-( i will stock up on her stuff.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Both Quidad and Devacurl products make my hair very dry. I believe for me it is the wheat protein.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file