Simple question about LOC

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What does LOC stand for? I can't find it in acronyms.

Also, in what order do you use leave in conditioner and oil? I will probably only use oil on the ends of my hair but I am confused. So much information!

Thanks for any responses.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    LOC stands for Liquid or Leave-in, Oil, Cream. It's a method of products that some curlies use: you put in a liquid or leave-in first, then oil, and you finish with a cream.

Some people prefer "LCO" (switching around the cream and the oil) because oil seals in moisture, so if you apply a lot of it to your hair before putting on a cream, the cream may have a hard time penetrating your hair.

So to answer your question: whichever method you use, or even if you don't follow either of the methods, you should always put a leave-in on before an oil.

Hope I helped! :toothy10:
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you Sophie! That's exactly what I needed to know. I'll try both methods.

You have a great weekend!:flower:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I always preferred LI then oil, but then I came up with the lazy girl method. I have long hair and I got really tired of scrunching in products so I began emulsifying the LI with the oil in my hands before scrunching. I also emulsify my gel with curl cream. Half the scrunching! Yep...Lazzzzy...but it works for me! :headbang:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    @Pearl: You're welcome! I'm glad I could help.

@kasden: Omg I literally died laughing when you said "Then I came up with the lazy girl method" :laughing5: heehee :p
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Lazy Girl Method - love it! :toothy2:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file