"Official" name of the R2D2 hard hat dryer?

Does anyone know the actual name/brand of the R2D2 hard hat dryer? I'm having trouble tracking down the info and I REAAAAALLLLLY want to buy it on Amazon ASAP!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using CurlTalk App

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Babyliss rollabout? Modern Elements Rollabout?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • sarajane82sarajane82 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Pretty sure it's not a rollabout, I know it sits on a table. But someone did mention "ion" and "conditioning" in a post a few years back, maybe that's the one...

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's the original thread http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/70198-r2d2-hard-hat-dryer-help-im-having-pj-attack.html Not sure it's still available. It's by ION. I bought mine at Sally's about 7 years ago.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks, kathymack. I've been reading that thread to see if anyone posted the actual full name but so far I haven't found it. The link in the first post is broken, probably because it's old. Does yours say the model # on it?

I think that link to Sallys is the same one someone else said it might be, so I might go with that if I don't hear from anyone else. It doesn't have great reviews on Amazon so I'm kinda nervous about it but if I could confirm it's the same one everyone was raving about years ago, I'd be fine with taking the chance.

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Model # is 301079.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    chupie wrote: »
    It looks like they updated their model. I'm not sure why it's gotten bad reviews, it worked great for me. Sorry about the nickname lol It never occurred to me to call it by it's actual name. Good luck with it if you decide to buy it.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    Thanks kathymack and Del! I was in a PJ mood and I bought another brand hard hat dryer (gold n hot) and a softhood soft bonnet dryer attachment at Sally's...I'm trying the soft one first cause it was cheaper and I want to like it more so I can take the more expensive one back! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file