My progress :)

hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
It's been about 1 year and 3 months since I started my transition from super badly heat damaged hair. I am soooo proud of myself for sticking to this and I'm never going back :) I wanted to share some pictures of my progress to help motivate others. When I started and several times throughout the transition I wanted to throw in the towel and just rip out all of my hair. I'm really glad I didn't. Stick with it everyone! You will be rewarded!
Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
Porosity: Low
Texture: Coarse (medium)
Kinking Present
Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly

Comments

• MissQuirkyMissQuirky Posts: 44Registered Users
    Looking great :) also it's great that you are feeling good about it all, I know it's been hard some days for me! Keep it up
  • imatropicalpplimatropicalppl Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks for posting your progress pictures, your hair looks amazing! I am about 5 months into my transition and have been feeling down about how slow the progress has been. Seeing that it does take time and patience helps, and that it pays off!
    CG Method since 4/2015
    Fine-Med width, med density, norm-high porosity, mix of 2B-3A

Low-poo: any SM shampoo
    Co-Wash: As I Am coconut co-wash
    RO: Renpure Argan Oil Conditioner, GVP Conditioning Balm
    LI: As I Am (HG!), SMCES
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly (HG!), SMCGS, Tresemme Tres Gel, OO Ecostyler
    Oils: CO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, and EVOO blend
    DT: Any SM Masques

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file