Too many products daily

Bluritz26Bluritz26 Posts: 21Registered Users
When I first started CG I was really liking my curls. Then I became a product junkie and the list of products I use with every shower gets bigger and bigger.
Why is it so hard to find one cleanser, one conditioner and one product to make my hair look great?
I'm actually quite annoyed lately at the whole process of doing my hair each morning. :banghead:
Wash, Condition, Rinse, Leave In, Serum, Gel, Plop and wait for my hair to take forever to dry
Any ideas?
In a perfect world I'd literally have one product after cleansing and conditioning. And lately nothing seems to make my hair happy.

2b/2c/3a
low porosity/high density/
Super Frizzy
Mod-CG
Wash N Go

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is there a reason you use a serum as well as a gel? I think that's unnecessary, especially if you're LP. If your gel and leave-in are good enough, you shouldn't need anything else IMO.

If you want, you can also use your conditioner for washing (co-wash) and as a leave-in, to minimise how many products you use.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Bluritz26Bluritz26 Posts: 21Registered Users
    @botticellibrit
    My hair is very frizzy at the ends lately, the serum tends to calm the curls and the gel holds everything together so its not too fluffy.
    My scalp is very finicky and I have to wash every once in a while otherwise I get itchy. I typically use my conditioner as the leave in and I just add some water to it.

2b/2c/3a
    Super Frizzy
    Mod-CG
    Wash N Go
  • susonnahgsusonnahg Curl Neophyte Posts: 4Moderators Curl Neophyte
    Hi!
    I think that the key to keeping products down is to find one really good product that does it all. Have you tried DevaCurl Defining Gel? I love it. It defines my curls and leaves them looking great without the crunch. You should still apply a leave-in, though. I think two layers in your hair is not that bad, but if you're concerned about layering then use a leave-in spray. It's much lighter. My favorite is Obia Curl Hydration spray. That stuff is awesome!
  • Bluritz26Bluritz26 Posts: 21Registered Users
    @susonnahg I didn't really like the Deva products. I'm thinking of just caving and spending the big bucks on the big bottle of Curl Keeper. I liked it last summer, I tried the whole KY thing instead but it's just not the same.

2b/2c/3a
    Super Frizzy
    Mod-CG
    Wash N Go

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file