Washing hair every three days?

BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Can I wash my hair every 3 days? I have 3b/3c hair 3a new growth, low porosity, MBL hair. Right now I wash every week but now I am very active and my hair will get greasy. I just clarified my hair last Sunday, and 3 days later it was greasy.
What to do?

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
My Hair:
3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
DIY Shampoo
Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
It's a 10 Leave In
Sweet Almond Oil
Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    In between your normal hair wash day, you can simply opt to CoWash your hair (as needed). Now, where I live at, my area is very prone to having hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions, etc., pass there. I did incur having to deal with Hurricane Katrina, Rita, as well as a host of other terrible storms too. During such times, we are without electricity for quite an extended period of time, have to deal with no air conditioning, lots of sweating both day and night, and no clean water either. So, when it comes to head sweating,and having ones hair go greasy on them, I have gone thru some of the worst bouts a person could possibly ever go through, in regards to such. Which is why, once the electricity is put back on, and the water is deemed safe to use once again, one of the first things that I do (after thanking the good Lord for blessing me and my family to have made it thru another storm) is to wash my hair. All I would use is shampoo and then follow that up with conditioner, and my hair would be back to being completely clean again.

At this period in my curly journey, I CoWash and then DC my hair thereafter, most of the time. This happens to work best for my genetically, very dry hair. When I do choose to shampoo my hair (which is only once a month -when I choose to do a clarifying wash of my curls) I happen to now use a baby hair and body wash (that's listed in my signature) for such, and I do follow this up with deep conditioning my hair afterwards as well. I only wash my hair once a week, but if it needed to be washed anytime inbetween such (for a special reason), then I would simply choose to CoWash to re-cleanse my hair. So, this is what I would simply advise you to do, whenever you find your hair tending to get greasy inbetween the week, due to your exercising regimen.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I'm sorry you had to go through all that. But thanks it really helped!

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can wash your hair as often as you like
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I generally wash my hair every other day, no issues. Like BotticelliBrit said - you can wash your hair as often as you like, there's no hard and fast rules, just do what seems right for your hair.
    3b in South Australia.
  • dvldvl Posts: 15Registered Users
    Your hair routine is individual to your personal needs. If it needs to be washed every few days, then do it! You don't have to wear greasy hair because someone washes it once a week! ))
  • MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I wash my 2C-3A curls every other day and it's what works best for me. I wet my curls everyday though and scrunch in aloe Vera gel. My hair is doing just fine. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file