New Member, but not a new reader!

tapiocaterntapiocatern Registered Users Posts: 7
Hi everyone!
I've been sorta stalking this site for a long time and finally decided to get an account and dive in. :compress:
I'm a sort of a "curly girl".... I don't use silicone or sulfates; my hair reacts very badly if I do by accident. I'm 3A, high porosity...
A lot of girls talk about their joruney to natural hair from burning it up with heat tools or killing it with relaxers and perms and dyes.... not me. I was born with straight hair which apparently went curly at some point in my early teens (yeah, I don't know how that's a thing either lol) but I never relized it because I wore it up every day. Then, about a year ago, (I'm 15) I started wearing it down, but it was so frizzy and poofy and tangled all the time.... I looked some stuff up and realized that my hair may have been curly!
I watched every video by CurlyPenny on YouTube twice and read almost everything on here and set out for natural hair! I started with the curly girl method and slowly adjusted it thing by thing as I found what my hair liked. Still not altogether certain what my hair wants, but it's getting better! I just got an awesome haircut a couple days ago and it made a HUGE difference. I think my hair is finally taking a step in the right direction!

Anyway, sorry for boring you with all that. I just wanted to say hi and stuffs..... so Hi! :p

~Cass

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Hi everyone!
    I've been sorta stalking this site for a long time and finally decided to get an account and dive in. :compress:
    I'm a sort of a "curly girl".... I don't use silicone or sulfates; my hair reacts very badly if I do by accident. I'm 3A, high porosity...
    A lot of girls talk about their joruney to natural hair from burning it up with heat tools or killing it with relaxers and perms and dyes.... not me. I was born with straight hair which apparently went curly at some point in my early teens (yeah, I don't know how that's a thing either lol) but I never relized it because I wore it up every day. Then, about a year ago, (I'm 15) I started wearing it down, but it was so frizzy and poofy and tangled all the time.... I looked some stuff up and realized that my hair may have been curly!
    I watched every video by CurlyPenny on YouTube twice and read almost everything on here and set out for natural hair! I started with the curly girl method and slowly adjusted it thing by thing as I found what my hair liked. Still not altogether certain what my hair wants, but it's getting better! I just got an awesome haircut a couple days ago and it made a HUGE difference. I think my hair is finally taking a step in the right direction!

Anyway, sorry for boring you with all that. I just wanted to say hi and stuffs..... so Hi! :p

~Cass

Welcome! And thanks so much for sharing your hair story with us. I happen to love watching Curly Penny's videos too, and think she's really awesome!

I'm very glad to hear about the awesome haircut that you got, and just how much of a big difference it has made. And, how much things have really started to come together when it comes to your curly girl routine.

Good luck! :thumright:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • tapiocaterntapiocatern Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks for welcoming me!... Yeah, I'm excited to be here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file