Need help with hair type/porosity?

PatiencePatience Registered Users Posts: 7
uAa1SZY.jpgzkYj799.jpgKfplKYc.jpg99GY879.jpg
this is my hair freshly out the shower with no product.
And the very front of my hair is frizzy and shows no pattern because of heat damage. However the rest of my hair has been completely heat free since becoming natural.

I can't tell if it's thick or thin... Or even what hair type it is. :sad1:

Comments

• CurlyJKCurlyJK Registered Users Posts: 62 Curl Connoisseur
    Bump

My hair looks just like that.
  • CarnitasolCarnitasol Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    help me
    i really need to my hair type 
    this is my hair
    PLEASE COMMENT
  • TKMacTKMac Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Some sections you have 4B and some you have 4C. In order to figure out your porosity, take a clean strand of your hair (that has shedded after you’ve washed it and it has air dried), and place it in water. If it floats on the top, you have low porosity. If it stays in the middle, you have medium porosity. If it floats to the bottom, you have high porosity. If you have low porosity hair, it is best to use the LCO method with protein free products (Shea moisture has a protein free line) or LottaBody. If you have high porosity hair, use the LOC method with butters like shea butter or fro butter emu oil. 
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm not good at determining curl type, but I can help determine your porosity levels!

Two questions:
    Does your hair get wet easily?
    How long does it take to air dry? 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file