June Hits and Misses

adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
Miss - BASK Yam and Nectar Intense Hair Moisturizer

This product is supposed to be a dc but did absolutely nothing for my hair. I actually decided to reshampoo my hair a few days later and use my usual dc. I usually try to repurpose products but this is too sticky to shave with. I'm going to try to use it as facial mask. If that doesn't work, hello garbarge.

Hit - Spray Leave In
I have not used a spray as a leave in in my hair in ages. I use them as refreshers. Happy with the results.

On the Fence -
I used this African Pride Custard. Didn't work out but then I didn't use it the way the directions say so not fair to call it a miss. If I ever decide for some reason to do a wash and go I'll try it again but it's not twistout material.
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Miss
    Organic Loft Va-Va Voome Conditioner Smoothie

This is not moisturizing for me at all.
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Miss:
    Pecksniff Candles. No wonder they're so easy to find at Marshall's — they give off practically no scent!

Hit:
    Burt's Bees Soy Candles. The Fern scent is lovely.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    Hits: La Bella Extreme Sport Gel with Coconut Oil - very good hold, moisturizing, great definition, no frizz & I can achieve up to day 3-4 hair.

Xcess Sport Gel - I didn't have high expectations for this as I bought it at Dollar Tree but it has the same praises as the La Bella gel ^.. I'm currently on day 4 hair and it still looks good!
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    miss
    I decided to try a cream of nature product for the first time and made the mistake of not smelling it first. I couldn't twist my whole head with it because it smells like they dumped a bottle of strong perfume in it. fragrange is really high up.
  • CurlySiaCurlySia Registered Users Posts: 164
    Hit -

Briogeo Curl Charisma co-wash and defining conditioner. I loved the co-wash. Tons of slip and I could detangle with it, and that's a good thing because the conditioner, oddly, had no slip for me. But it clumped and defined my curls really well, so I'll definitely keep that in mind and use these two together in the future.

I found these on sale for $10 and $12 at Integrity Botanicals. I ordered the deep conditioner and curl defining cream elsewhere and look forward to trying them soon.

Miss -

LUSH R&B moisturizer. I knew going in this might be a miss because of the high glycerin content. But several curlies have given it rave reviews so I went on and bought it instead of just getting a sample. When I used it on damp or wet hair it dried into a stringy, frizzy mess... so no surprise there.

This product really shines for me when I need to tame a clump of frizz here or there on day+ old hair. And the smell is a bit overpowering when used in larger amounts than that, so I guess it's a good thing. However, I have more inexpensive products that I use that way with the same result.

I did like this product was added to a deep conditioner. It gives it a bit more moisturizing power... but, I don't tend to use deep conditioners that I need to add anything extra too.
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file