What do my fellow wavies use with AG: Recoil?

CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 117Registered Users
So yay! I found some AG: Recoil at my local Trade Secrets. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm wondering what my fellow wavies use with it?

I've been using the Deva Curl products (No Poo, One Condition, Ultra Defining Gel), but my scalp was breaking out with acne, and the Deva Curl products are expensive! So I had lovely curls with DC, but my scalp was not happy.

I've been trying out Tresemme Perfectly Undone for the past week, and I quite like it! I've tried it as a Co-wash, RO, LI, and even used it for conditioner-only styling, and it is working well. So I think it will become my regular staple, for at least some of those uses!

I hope to pick up some Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner (tea tree should help with my scalp acne), and maybe even some of the shampoo (if it's CG friendly).

Still looking for a gel or mousse that is CG-friendly that I can buy locally. The one place nearby that stocks a bunch of CG-friendly products is open late on Wednesdays, so I may pop by tomorrow after work to see what they have in stock.

So any recommendations for what to try with the AG: Recoil? Among the brands that the local place stocks are: Kinky Curly, Jessicurl, Jane Carter Solution, It's a Curl, Curly Q's, Q-Redew.

Thanks! :) (Hair properties in sig, but if you can't see: 2A/2B w/ some sausage curls, normal porosity, thick density, medium width). I'm also dealing with lots of humidity in the summer, with lots of high dews (60+).
Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Caylynn wrote: »
    So yay! I found some AG: Recoil at my local Trade Secrets. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm wondering what my fellow wavies use with it?

I've been using the Deva Curl products (No Poo, One Condition, Ultra Defining Gel), but my scalp was breaking out with acne, and the Deva Curl products are expensive! So I had lovely curls with DC, but my scalp was not happy.

I've been trying out Tresemme Perfectly Undone for the past week, and I quite like it! I've tried it as a Co-wash, RO, LI, and even used it for conditioner-only styling, and it is working well. So I think it will become my regular staple, for at least some of those uses!

I hope to pick up some Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner (tea tree should help with my scalp acne), and maybe even some of the shampoo (if it's CG friendly).

Still looking for a gel or mousse that is CG-friendly that I can buy locally. The one place nearby that stocks a bunch of CG-friendly products is open late on Wednesdays, so I may pop by tomorrow after work to see what they have in stock.

So any recommendations for what to try with the AG: Recoil? Among the brands that the local place stocks are: Kinky Curly, Jessicurl, Jane Carter Solution, It's a Curl, Curly Q's, Q-Redew.

Thanks! :) (Hair properties in sig, but if you can't see: 2A/2B w/ some sausage curls, normal porosity, thick density, medium width). I'm also dealing with lots of humidity in the summer, with lots of high dews (60+).

What gel do you have? Usually put in the AG and then top with a gel. (Filler and sealer as it were.).
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 117Registered Users
    I still have some of my Deva gel, but I'm looking for a replacement! Hope to find something suitable to use soon.
    Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
    Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
    Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
    RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Detangle with Tresemme Undone
    Wash with Aveda Be Curly
    Then I layer: AG Recoil, leave in conditioner, and then V05 Mega Hold gel. In that order, I like recoil to be the first thing to touch my clean hair although I don't know why.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My best results this summer have been squish to condish with gvpcb, rake in recoil, smooth then scrunch in kccc. I plop for 15 minutes or so, diffuse upside down, then clip and finish air drying. Works great. :)
    Did you find a new gel to try?
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    eveum wrote: »
    Detangle with Tresemme Undone
    Wash with Aveda Be Curly
    Then I layer: AG Recoil, leave in conditioner, and then V05 Mega Hold gel. In that order, I like recoil to be the first thing to touch my clean hair although I don't know why.

Could I ask where you by your recoil from (I think you are in the UK like me??) I have looked at so many sites and done lots of searches but I can't find anyone who imports this :(
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do live in the UK and yes it can be really difficult to get hold of. I get it shipped from America through eBay. It's a bit of a fuss but the tube lasts me a year so it's not so bad. :)

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    eveum wrote: »
    I do live in the UK and yes it can be really difficult to get hold of. I get it shipped from America through eBay. It's a bit of a fuss but the tube lasts me a year so it's not so bad. :)

Ebay yes that's the only place I found it. The postage is nearly as much as the product but I think I'll just have to order some anyway!
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file