Hello! New Here and Excited!

WavyWhittWavyWhitt Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello! I've been lurking for a week or so and decided to introduce myself. First I want to thank everyone for all of the information and advice that's shared on here. It's been very helpful to me. My whole life I've battled my hair, always feeling it was too wavy/curly to be straight and too straight to be curly. I've always straightened my hair via blow drying and flat ironing except for my short stints with perms to make my hair curlier. My mom is actually a former hairdresser and she had no idea how to deal with my hair either. I remember for years she would be in the bathroom with me trying to curl, straighten, or tame my hair before school. Anyway, around my junior year of high school I discovered a diffuser and realized just how curly my hair could be with mousse and hairspray, but it always frizzed within a couple of hours. Eventually I cut my hair into a short bob so it wouldn't be as difficult to straighten and would be cut off at each hair appointment before it became severely heat damaged. Fast forward a decade later and I find myself wanting to grow my hair, make it healthier, and generally love the hair I was born with. I've been doing the curly girl method this past week and I can already tell a big difference in the frizz, definition, and softness of my hair. I look forward to learning more about hair care with you all!
2C/3A, medium-coarse texture, high density, medium-high porosity (years of heat damage and highlights)

Low-Poo: SM Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo
Co Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
Rinse Out:GVP Conditioning Balm, Tresemme Naturals, SM Coconut & Hibiscus
LI:KCNT
DT: GVP Conditioning Balm, Coconut Oil
Styler: KCCC, LA Looks Sport

Comments

• BeautyOGBeautyOG Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome fellow curly girl! 😊

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• BluejacketsgirlBluejacketsgirl Registered Users Posts: 94
    Welcome! I am a huge fan of the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus line, I see you use it as well. I LOVE the smell, I look forward to my wash days just to breathe it in, LOL.

I didn't discover the diffuser until my senior year of high school when a new hair stylist I went to showed me how to use it. Definitely a game changer for me, though a lot of people hate them. My curls won't curl without one. So glad to have you here!
    2C, low porosity, medium density
    CoWash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Low-Poo: SM Fruit Fusion Weightless Shampoo
    Rinse Out & Leave In: SM Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
    Syler: KCCC. BRHG
    Refresher: SheaMoisture Smooth and Repair High Shine Glosser

Read and follow my curly girl blog!:blob7:

Like me on Facebook!:thumright:
    Follow me on Twitter!:angel8:
  • CaylynnCaylynn Registered Users Posts: 117
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself, and learning a lot.

Great that the CG method is working for you. :)
    Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
    Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
    Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
    RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse
  • WavyWhittWavyWhitt Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks!
    2C/3A, medium-coarse texture, high density, medium-high porosity (years of heat damage and highlights)

• WavyWhittWavyWhitt Registered Users Posts: 5
    Yes the Shea moisture products seemed perfect for my fried and dry hair. I really like the shampoo and conditioner, but I'm still up in the air about the smoothie. It's a little heavy but maybe I'll have better luck with it this winter.

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I've always adored the SM shampoo (Coconut & Hibiscus)! I've used it for over two years now and can't imagine finding anything better :D
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list