The "WET" Brush!

THE "WET" BRUSH ROCKS MY SOCKS!

OMG, I am in love with this thing!

The Wet Brush Purple

It's just called The "wet" brush and it's absolutely amazing for DE-tangling my hair!

Normally I spend A LOT of time with a shower comb AND a denman trying to get the tangles out of my hair. I would guess about 20-30mins starting from the bottom in 4 inch sections and stroke- remove brush from snarl- stroke- remove smaller snarl- stroke (repeat forever) AND would always end up with clumps of hair in the brush and in the trash :(

So, I saw this video called "This Brush Changed my life" (don't watch it unless you're OK with vulgar language) and decided, OK, my next brush I'll try this one. A trip to Sally's later, I had a shiny new hot pink The "Wet" Brush. (I also noticed them at Target, in case anyone wonders)

Here's what happened-
I did my normal routine of CO-washing (V05 blackberry tea therapy) and conditioning(GVP conditioning balm), got out of the shower and cotton pilowcase wrapped my hair, let it get out most of the moisture then without having used any shower comb OR leave-in, I pulled out The "wet" brush and STARTED TO RUN IT THROUGH MY HAIR.

That's right, ladies and gents, it went through my hair like a hot knife though butter!

Mind you, I have type 2 wavy/curly that's pretty healthy, low porosity, and shiny

Check it out
2c - med course - low porosity - low density - BSL
NP/LP: V05 Kiwi / GF Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish 'poo
RO: GVP Conditioning balm
DC/PROTEIN: ApHogee 2 step/ jojoba oil to seal
OILS: Coconut
COLOR: Stargazer Plume
ALLERGIES: avocado, pomegranate

Comments

• BeBeautyAshleyBeBeautyAshley Posts: 11Registered Users
    I recently found out about the Wet Brush a few months ago and am also in awe at how wonderfully it works!! I was considering getting the Shine Brush from the same manufacturer, have you tried that one? I have super fine hair so I'm not sure how it'll work on me. I also love to use my trusty 100% argan oil from ISA Professional right after using my Wet Brush, it spreads it on my hair evenly, leaving me with shiny, soft hair!! Love to use that combo, it makes my hair much easier to manage.
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Interesting. I just ordered on through Amazon. I'll have to see if it makes detangling super easy. Thank you so much for this info. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I actually bought two "Wet Brushes", after it first came out, from my local Sally's. I do use it sometimes, only to get my money's worth out of it. Otherwise, I truly don't find it to be the best brush for detangling my curls with honestly. Plus, it definitely is no match for my Denman brush, when it comes to providing a completely thorough detangling of my curls. Even though the Denman brush is the brush that I most prefer to use on my curls, and will continue to primarily use. I can say, that the The Wet Brush does work okay and isn't really harsh on my hair and scalp at all. So, I would recommend a person trying it, just to see how well it works for them. My mother uses the Wet Brush the most on her hair, and she uses it on her natural, color treated curly hair on both her wash days, and in between such as well. I do find that it does take a bit longer at times to completely get out tangles from her curls (I actually do my mother's hair for her). However, she still prefers to stick with it, because it provides the least amount of tension on her hair and scalp than all of the other brushes that she's ever used before. With the other brushes, my mother would lose more hair, than what she sees after using the Wet Brush in it instead.

Also, I must note that when I wear my hair curly, I only use a brush on it (no combs at all). Now, when I wear my hair straightened, then I do use a wide toothed comb and paddle brush on my hair instead.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • SugarCanedSugarCaned Posts: 15Registered Users
    I recently found out about the Wet Brush a few months ago and am also in awe at how wonderfully it works!! I was considering getting the Shine Brush from the same manufacturer, have you tried that one? I have super fine hair so I'm not sure how it'll work on me. I also love to use my trusty 100% argan oil from ISA Professional right after using my Wet Brush, it spreads it on my hair evenly, leaving me with shiny, soft hair!! Love to use that combo, it makes my hair much easier to manage.
    I haven't tried the "shine" brush yet, but I'm thinking of getting that one too (maybe next trip to sally's LOL) I do use a boar hair/ball tipped combo brush from Target to distribute oils currently, but the dog got to it so the handle is chewed up now.
    2c - med course - low porosity - low density - BSL
    NP/LP: V05 Kiwi / GF Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish 'poo
    RO: GVP Conditioning balm
    DC/PROTEIN: ApHogee 2 step/ jojoba oil to seal
    OILS: Coconut
    COLOR: Stargazer Plume
    ALLERGIES: avocado, pomegranate
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just purchased the brush and was disappointed. I wished I can say I loved it. It did get my tangles out, however, I don't think it worked better than my Denman. I wish I can get my $10 back and get the Denman. I bought the brush cause my Denman needed to be replaced.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
    Marci Pie wrote: »
    I just purchased the brush and was disappointed. I wished I can say I loved it. It did get my tangles out, however, I don't think it worked better than my Denman. I wish I can get my $10 back and get the Denman. I bought the brush cause my Denman needed to be replaced.

I feel the exact same way. The Wet Brush does a pretty okay job of detangling, but I didn't find it to work as well as the Denman brush for my curls at all. I definitely plan to continue sticking with my Denman, unless something better comes out.

Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • LilieStargazerLilieStargazer Posts: 3Registered Users
    The Wet Brush doesn't get through all the layers of my hair when it is actually wet, but it is amazing for detangling when my hair is dry. I'll use it after my curls have loosened from being in a bun and I don't plan on wearing it down until the next wash or if I want to pre-detangle before a shower. It's the only brush I would ever use on dry curls, it's also a good substitute for a paddle brush if you want to blow-dry your hair straight. Has anyone tried the Wet Comb? It's been great for detangling in the shower!
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    The Wet Brush doesn't get through all the layers of my hair when it is actually wet, but it is amazing for detangling when my hair is dry. I'll use it after my curls have loosened from being in a bun and I don't plan on wearing it down until the next wash or if I want to pre-detangle before a shower. It's the only brush I would ever use on dry curls, it's also a good substitute for a paddle brush if you want to blow-dry your hair straight. Has anyone tried the Wet Comb? It's been great for detangling in the shower!

This is my experience with the wet brush (doesn't get through all of my hair) but I didn't know they had a wet comb! I'm going to check that out!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay I did use the Wet Brush and I actually don't like it. The bristles are too flexible for my thick, course, hair. My Vidal Sassoon brush works MUCH better if I want a brush. I didn't find that it detangled well at all; the bristles simply bend. I have a wide tooth comb (a regular one, not my 'detangling comb' that I broke teeth off of) in the shower that I use for detangling and distributing conditioner into my hair that works much better. I'll keep doing what I was already doing; detangling with a wide tooth comb in the shower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
    Okay I did use the Wet Brush and I actually don't like it. The bristles are too flexible for my thick, course, hair. My Vidal Sassoon brush works MUCH better if I want a brush. I didn't find that it detangled well at all; the bristles simply bend. I have a wide tooth comb (a regular one, not my 'detangling comb' that I broke teeth off of) in the shower that I use for detangling and distributing conditioner into my hair that works much better.

Sorry that you ended up spending your money on the Wet Brush, and it didn't live up to your expectations. I actually don't have thick, coarse hair at all, like you do, as my hair is multi-textured instead (mix of super fine, fine, and medium textured hair strands) and it is of low density too, and for me this brush doesn't work any better than any other brush that I have bought so far. If I had actually knew about Sally's return policy, I definitely would have boùght the two that I had purchased back within 30 days, and gotten my money back.

One thing I have come to learn is that if something is broke, then don't fix it. I plan to continue to keep using the brush that does work best for my curls, and not get super tempted to try something else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file