Half-Greasy

FLWavyWavyFLWavyWavy Posts: 16Registered Users
So, I go back and fourth on whether I like using these boards, because I REALLY don't like a complicated routine and that seems to be the norm here. But, when I'm in desperate need of help, I know I need to turn to the experts.

I have hair that ranges from 2A to 2C depending on the part of my hair you're looking at and what day it is. The individual hairs are fine/medium, but there's a lot of them. It's fairly dense. My general routine is washing and conditioning about twice a week. I've been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner, but for the past 2 washes I've switched back to Yes To Carrots, which I used for years, just because I felt like I needed something a little bit more cleansing. After a wash I do a semi-plop into a microfiber turbie twist (my hair is a little above my shoulders) for 5-15 minutes, then shake it out and either go naked or put a little Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz serum on it (like a pea size amount scrunched into it), or some days I use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse. I rarely diffuse.

My problem is that the left side of my hair is pretty cooperative- it's drier and wavier, while the right side is much straighter, very 2A, and greasy! Like, won't ever dry, and gets that stringy look. It's gross. So I end up with half a head of frizzy but pretty cute curly waves, and half a head of gross limp greasy strings.

Anybody got any advice? I should mention that I am super lazy when it comes to my hair.

Type 2a/2b: Medium/Fine, High Density, High Porosity
Shampoo: YtC, Suave Daily Clarifying
Conditioner: Suave Naturals, YtC
Products: YtC Anti-Frizz Serum, Trader Joe's Head to Toe Balm

Still experimenting...

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    That's odd have you tried clarifying?
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • FLWavyWavyFLWavyWavy Posts: 16Registered Users
    I did! It worked pretty well. I think hard water is part of the problem, this is the first time I've ever lived somewhere with a hard water issue and my hair has no idea what to do.

Type 2a/2b: Medium/Fine, High Density, High Porosity
    Shampoo: YtC, Suave Daily Clarifying
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals, YtC
    Products: YtC Anti-Frizz Serum, Trader Joe's Head to Toe Balm

Still experimenting...
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FLWavyWavy wrote: »
    I did! It worked pretty well. I think hard water is part of the problem, this is the first time I've ever lived somewhere with a hard water issue and my hair has no idea what to do.

I often (every 2 or so washes) use dilute sulfate. 2 tsp cheap Suave Clarifying to about 4 oz water. Works well. You can even throw in some conditioner to tone it more but still get that clarifying effect.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file