Products for kids hair?

anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
So my daughter is 8 and we've started trying a few products to encourage curl and reduce frizz. When we brush it there's frizz and poofiness. I'd say she's a 2A to 2B, low porosity, medium texture (neither coarse not fine) and thin. Her hair is easily weighed down and the roots get oily quick. At the recommendation of a hairdresser friend we stared spritzing some dry shampoo on the roots and that really helps. I got some loreal tousel waves spray that has magsulfate in it so we spritz water in the morning to wet it, then a little jane carter leave in conditioner for detangling (watered down by half so it's very light) then we spritz on the loreal tousel spray and scrunch it up She really is enjoying having "curly hair" like mommy and I'm wondering if there's any other products we could try? The hairdresser put a little curl creme in that looked nice after she had a trim the other day.

She's a little girl so a lot of days we do a braid or pony tale but she loves wearing it down and "curly" sometimes so any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    Here's a better pic today after completely dry. I did scrunch a tiny bit of ecostyler on the ends (like a pea sized amount lol) and fluffed it up a bit when dry. She loves it
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i think it looks great! whatever you are doing is working.
    you can do the same as you do for your hair -- products, routine. in a modified version.
    my daughter uses cj daily fix or cj gentle assurance on my granddaughters, and then mostly cj beauticurls leave in as a detangled and leave in, or sometimes cj strengthening conditioner or cj smoothing conditioner as detangle and leave in. of course, they have tighter curls, 3c, but very fine hair. this leaves their hair in beautiful spirals. my daughter does not brush their hair, ever, but does use a wide-tooth comb with conditioner in their hair to degtangle.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file