Nizoral shampoo has sulfates.. can I go back to using cones?

Ok so I started using nizoral shampoo to help reduce hair loss. Im using it 3x a week. So my question is... since I'm technically no longer CG.... can I go back to using cones? If I'm stripping my hair with sulfates I figure I might as well be able to layer on as many coating particles as possible right?

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Ok so I started using nizoral shampoo to help reduce hair loss. Im using it 3x a week. So my question is... since I'm technically no longer CG.... can I go back to using cones? If I'm stripping my hair with sulfates I figure I might as well be able to layer on as many coating particles as possible right?

When it comes to trying or using products that have cones in them, that is of personal preference, and of course also based upon what your hair happens to tolerate well or not. I do own and use products that are cone free and some that aren't. I do not exclusively practice the CG Method, because that isn't what works best for me. I have also learned that there isn't any one particular method that works best for all types of naturally textured hair either. Which is why, I simply choose to go with what my hair tells me, about a product (which is the best advice that I can give you). If my hair really likes a product, then it will definitely let me know, and if it doesn't then it will certainly let me know this too.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Let me know how it works for you. I usually shampoo every other day and the Bosley isn't doing anything to add new growth.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    The nizoral doesnt promote new growth but prevents further loss. I'm also taking spironolactone 50mg twice a day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file