Fine, Frizzy Cherub Toddler Help?

cherubmamacherubmama Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi Curlies!

I have a 2.5 year old with fine, thin, frizzy & curly hair. It's from her dad, my hair is Joni Mitchell straight, so I've been relying on friend advice to date. So far, I've been shampooing once a week with a sulfate free shampoo (California Baby), combing her hair out after a shower, and then applying coconut oil to the ends when it's dry to help with the frizz.

But, it's still growing quite slowly and the curls fall out by the end of the week (much to her distress, she loves her curls!)

Someone referred me to the curly girl book, which helped me identify her hair as cherub curls. I'd like to try the conditioner method in the book and am considering Shea Moisture's line based on advice on this site and its non-toxic profile.

Do folks think this would work, or would it weigh down her hair. Other product suggestions? Any advice to help her hair grow faster?

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    IMHO, the SM products would be MUCH to heavy for her hair. It's too heavy for my hair, so I really don't think it would work for her. CA baby makes some other products that I've used. There's a spray that has protein and a gel. I'd try those first. Kinky Curly has a few products for children. I've only used the TT Moisturizing Styler. It's nice.

Do you really need to wash her hair?? Could you co wash instead and only use a lowpoo when you really need it. If her hair is dry, you shouldn't be removing the oil.

You could also make your own FSG or okra gel. If you search, there are a lot of recipes. That way, you know what's in the product. When I make it, I'll make a large batch and freeze it in smaller portions.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SamanthaD2SamanthaD2 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Suave and VO5 are nice light conditioners-start light

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file