New Products and Seeking

SugarCanedSugarCaned Posts: 15Registered Users
I've been lurking for a while and learning things, but here goes!

I have embraced the idea that I have curly hair and started treating it accordingly. :cheers: I want to go completely CG but I'm having trouble finding a balance. My hair has never been dyed, heat treated, or even blow dried (except diffusing at the stylist). Its easy to style (on the rare occasions I use product), and generally takes defining well but it takes forever to dry and products tend to just 'sit there'

So, I'm pretty sure that I have low porosity, protein sensitive, thick strands but sparse coverage

As for hair care, Coconut oil does wonders for my scalp but leaves my hair stick strait and straw-like unless I use something with cocamidopropyl betaine (low-poo?) to get it off my hair. I was using Renpure Originals - Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo and liked it, I just ran out and have been trying to find something locally (I may just search out this one again or try the Coconut creme one from the same line)

CURRENTLY have/am using/tried :
Tropical Traditions Expeller pressed 100% coconut oil :cheers:
V05 tea therapy conditioner (I use for CO-wash and a little leave-in):cheers:
V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner:thumbup:(CO wash)
Frizz-ease Dream Curls Perfecting spray:thumbup:
OGX renewing argan oil of morocco "silicone free" conditioner (heavy rinse out, contains silicone but works well)
OGX hydrating tea tree mint "sulfate free" shampoo (contains sulfates, despite the label, leaves build-up)
Renpure Solutions REN cleansing conditioner rosemary mint:-? (doesn't work, doesn't cleanse or condition well)
L'oreal Eversleek "silicone-free" frizz taming creme serum:-?(old product, but still works)
Conair boar bristle/plastic tipped combo brush

NEW PRODUCTS: just bought these today, * = BECAUSE
SheaMoisture Coconut & hibiscus Curl&Shine shampoo *mild shampoo (but heavy protein, oops!)
GVP Conditioning Balm *heavy, slip, and protein-free
GVP Sculpting foam *frizz control, anti-humectant
Silk elements 100% jojoba oil *sealing oil for pre-swim
The "wet" brush *had to try it based on reviews!

Currently looking for:
-A low-poo or co-wash with cocamidopropyl betaine for removing silicones and possibly oil buildup, to be sparingly used
-A leave-in that will protect my hair from humidity (I live in the swamp) hopefully without silicones :toothy2:
2c - med course - low porosity - low density - BSL
NP/LP: V05 Kiwi / GF Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish 'poo
RO: GVP Conditioning balm
DC/PROTEIN: ApHogee 2 step/ jojoba oil to seal
OILS: Coconut
COLOR: Stargazer Plume
ALLERGIES: avocado, pomegranate

Comments

• BeautyOGBeautyOG Curl Neophyte Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What I use is Shea moisture yucca and plantin hair milk, aloe very gel, cantu hair lotion (on dry days) and watered down castor oil. (As a sealent) Something new I'm trying is Shea moisture Jamaican black Castor oil leave in conditioner. I'll tell you if its a go or not. 😊

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• OliveJuiceOliveJuice Curl Neophyte Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Idk. I use the Renpure Lavender Cleansing conditioner everyday and I love it. Makes my hair feel amazing in the shower. But I have to use 20 pumps on my thick hair. I think its a great product. That and tge Loreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm. I always keep those in my shower. Havent shampooed in weeks, or needed to.
    The DreamCurls Perfecting spray!! OMG loved. I can never find it anymore. The conditioner was amazing to. I used to mix it with aloe and use it as a curl cream. It was a great combo for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file