Wedding rings vent

sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
I reeeaallly need to vent. I realize nobody may care, but that's alright. I just need to let it out. I just don't know what to do anymore!!!

My friend suggested this Etsy shop to get my fiancé's ring - she ordered from the guy and it was a great experience and great ring. I put my order in, and the ring was absolutely stunning! But... it was too big. Either my fiancé lost weight (which he has recently) or he sized the wrong finger, we aren't sure. We confirmed it was the right size we ordered with a jeweler in town, and it was. So I emailed the guy to see what the options were. I had an engraving put in, so the spacer idea was out.. and the type of metal it is can't be resized. We ended up paying half price for another ring to be made.

I got the second ring back and it looked NOTHING like the first one, or the picture in the listing. It's a 2 toned ring with one half put in an acid bath to make it a charcoal grey color. Well the darker portion was barely darker than the other side. I took a picture and asked why my ring was so light. He said to send it back and he would redo the acid bath. I got the ring back again and it still wasn't even close to what the first one looked like. At this point he told me that he can't put it in there too much or it could ruin the ring, but we'll try it anyway.

That brings me to now. I got the ring back and the color is fine - but there's a friggin spot on it that looks like they missed a spot on the darker side!! I actually think it's a brand new ring, because the pattern is a little different and the engraving I had them enlarge on the second ring seems a lot smaller than I last remember it being. So now I've had to email them back AGAIN... and so far I've heard nothing. I mean, I feel bad, but golly gee I've paid enough for this ring already, and we're getting married in 2 1/2 weeks.

I am furious and I don't even know what to do anymore.

We also had a lot of issues with my wedding band, and my engagement ring has been at their shop for almost 2 months now. They are fixing it now since they damaged it when they custom made a wedding band to fit. The rings are supposed to be the only thing you're not supposed to stress about!! Forget everything - I'm not stressed about that.. but these damn rings... UGGGHHH!! At least my wedding band is finally completed correctly, just waiting to get my engagement ring back now.

K,thanks for listening.
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
:bunny:
NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
:thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    You'd think that someone who makes wedding rings would appreciate how special they are and not mess people around like that. I'd be frustrated too, especially given the time frame.
    3b in South Australia.
  • PigletPiglet Registered Users Posts: 1,451 Curl Neophyte
    I would be stressed too, but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. I can totally understand your frustration though. It's one more hassle to add to the list. Hope it's all resolved soon for you.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    We had the EXACT same problem with my fiance's etsy made wedding band. The size was off and it's not able to be sized afterward. We have that one and got another one from overstock, so now he has two.

For me, I went through 3 wedding bands to be able to find one that fits my engagement ring. It was a mess.
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I'm sending the ring back today, and he guaranteed me it would be back to me by June 10 if I sent it today. I'll probably just end up sending priority and getting it there asap. I've spent so much on shipping, I'm so irritated by the whole mess! If only that first ring was the right size... I wouldn't have to deal with any of this.

Munchy - This is the last thing we should have to worry about, right!? That's the bad thing about ordering from smaller shops, but you want to support them. Then it turns into a mess. This shop has been great about taking care of me, but just get it right already! Do you mind me asking what shop you ordered your fiancé's from?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Note to self: never use etsy for wedding rings!:sign7:

Are you sure it's wise to chance it again? I'd be very stressed out. I hope they get it right this time!
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I'm sending the ring back today, and he guaranteed me it would be back to me by June 10 if I sent it today. I'll probably just end up sending priority and getting it there asap. I've spent so much on shipping, I'm so irritated by the whole mess! If only that first ring was the right size... I wouldn't have to deal with any of this.

Munchy - This is the last thing we should have to worry about, right!? That's the bad thing about ordering from smaller shops, but you want to support them. Then it turns into a mess. This shop has been great about taking care of me, but just get it right already! Do you mind me asking what shop you ordered your fiancé's from?

It was Jewelry By Johan...we can't take it back :(
    That really stinks! I had to send mine back so they could reclaim material and they let me purchase another at half price.
    You'll never guess what happened? My fiance decided to try on his wedding ring (the second one) and it was too small. I told him to run up and grab the expensive original and it fits perfectly! He must have gained in his fingers - he put on a few lbs lately :)
    OMG how awful!! It's great that he has a ring that fits him though, but stinks you had to pay for both. Can you return one?

I still don't have my fiancé's ring back. The guy guaranteed it by Wed, and my fiancé is freaking out about it. Hoping it arrives today! x fingers crossed x
    sixelamy wrote: »
    OMG how awful!! It's great that he has a ring that fits him though, but stinks you had to pay for both. Can you return one?

I still don't have my fiancé's ring back. The guy guaranteed it by Wed, and my fiancé is freaking out about it. Hoping it arrives today! x fingers crossed x

Aren't you getting married this weekend? I would die...crossing my fingers...

The second one was really inexpensive, so there's no harm in keeping it, though we could take it back. It's pretty - wood and titanium.
    Well that's good then.

Yes, we are getting married on Saturday. There's still a few days! :shock:
    Me too...the 13th. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Hope your wedding is lovely and we both have good weather!

I'm glad I emailed the guy - he said he remade the ring and it should be here tomorrow. Phew! I have high hopes it will be perfect this time around. I'm excited to see it!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck to both of you!!!! Have the most amazing days, and can't wait to see pics :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Thanks CC! :)
    I GOT THE RING TODAY AND IT'S FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!
    I knew the guy would come through for me. It's even better than the first one! He overlooked the mm change I made at the beginning, but I think I like it better! It's a lot thicker than what the hubby was used to trying on blindly (he hasn't seen it yet), so that will be a change for him to get used to. But gosh, it looks lovely! I am super relieved! He even put it in a nice box for me and went all out :D
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I'M SO GLAD, AMY! That's awesome news :D:D:D
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    So pleased it arrived in time and that you love it, I'd have been having kittens by now if I were you!
    3b in South Australia.
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    I've been holding back from responding as I know how hard it is to be an Etsy seller, but I'm so happy that he came through!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file