Summer leave-ins/Fillers?

I am having such a hard time with fillers/leave-ins during the summer months. The gel I MUST use is BSRHG, so that part I am good with, but my hair just seems to be very intolerant of too much moisture, if that's even possible. In the winter, I am great with DC B"LeaveIn. I LOVE that stuff, but even that in the summer is just WAY too much and tends to weigh me down/make my stringy/greasy. Re:Coil is too much. KCKT is too much. I need something VERY light weight. I've tried to just condish in the shower and forget the filler/leave-in, but my hair just doesn't FEEL right....it needs something before the gel.

My hair type is ALL OVER the board. I get tight springs in weird places, but straight underneath and everything in between everywhere else. It's a PITA especially since I am low porosity.

Is it just me that has issues in the summer with these things?
--Low porosity, hates too much moisture
--Cleanser: KCCC
--Condish: DermOrganic
--Fillers: Bleave-in (only in winter) haven't found one
for summer!
--Sealers: BSRHG

Comments

• koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you ever tried DC One Condition as a leave in?
  • DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really like CJ smoothing lotion leave in, it's very light and slippery.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    A good leave in conditioner to try is the SM JBCO Leave In Conditioner. It doesn't leave any buildup, or weigh my curls down, or ever leave them feeling greasy either. Plus, it comes in a big 16 oz. Tub, and Sally's is always having sales on SM products quite frequently. And, so does Walgreens too.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file