Co-washing everyday + braidout, help!

Hi!

I'm a 3b girl and I've started to wear my hair out everyday over the last months, but the problem is that to do that I have to wet it (and comb it) everyday, or I don't get good curls.

So recently I started a new routine:
1. I wet my hair and put in som conditioner,
2. Detangle it completely with a wide-tooth comb
3. Rinse
4. Scrunch with a t-shirt
5. Apply leave in conditioner.
6. And lastly I do small braids all over my hair and go to sleep and 'open' the braids in the morning.

I really like the result but I have to do this everyday since my hair is so thick/coarse and looses it's definition very easily.

So my question is, if this is bad for my hair? Is it bad wetting it everyday? Should I remove any products from the procedure? I am very grateful if someone would take their time and help me since this is a big problem for me :)

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    What's the problem that you're having?

A lot of people wash/wet their hair every day. I think it's okay! If you don't have any issues then you don't have any issues. I prefer not to wet my hair every day, but that's because 1. it's too high maintenance 2. it takes forever to dry and I hate having wet/damp hair for hours on end 3. I'm prone to seborrheic dermatitis so the less my scalp is wet the better. But that's just me. If this is working for you I don't see any reason to change it.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    wavydaze wrote: »
    What's the problem that you're having?

A lot of people wash/wet their hair every day. I think it's okay! If you don't have any issues then you don't have any issues. I prefer not to wet my hair every day, but that's because 1. it's too high maintenance 2. it takes forever to dry and I hate having wet/damp hair for hours on end 3. I'm prone to seborrheic dermatitis so the less my scalp is wet the better. But that's just me. If this is working for you I don't see any reason to change it.

Exactly. Some of us never do "second day hair". Because I like using my Clarisonic face brush with my African Black Soap in the shower on my entire face and neck, I can't get away with not co-washing my hair after that. Not only that, I like clean, fresh hair every day. I co-wash daily and apply my products and diffuse my hair to about 80% dry every day. It's not harming my hair in the least; my hair is in some of the best condition its ever been. I do not color or do any other type of "chemical treatment" to my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file