deep conditioning

heather8884heather8884 Posts: 8Registered Users
I am trying to figure out how often I should deep condition or if I even need to? How do I know if I need to? Please help!

Comments

• russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi! It's always a good idea to throw in a deep conditioner at least once a week (I usually do it twice in the winter).
    Other factors in how often you should DT depend on how damaged your hair is (i.e. is it super dry, frizzy, etc).
    What is your hair type? Do you know your porosity and density? Do you know if your strands are generally fine, medium or coarse? Those are other factors.

My favorite deep conditioners are from Shea Moisture but there are quite a few others on the market.

Hope that helps!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • LiannaLianna Posts: 36Registered Users
    I don't use a regular deep conditioner. I'll do a protein mask once a month or so. However I do oil my hair everyday/everyother day so it's always moisturized.
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I like to deep condition my hair once a week. I do DC using heat (either my Heutiful Steamer or Hot Head Conditioning Cap) for anywhere from 30-45 minutes, or sometimes I may stretch it to an hour, based upon my schedule. I have found that since I deep condition my hair weekly, that it has become healthier than it's ever been. So, that is why, I choose to do so. I happen to use both regular, rinse out conditioners, and actual deep conditioners, to DC with. And, either way, I happen to get the same results-very silky, well conditioned, highly moisturized, hair. Plus, by DCing weekly, I also don't experience any major issues with tangling or knots either, which is a major plus.

And, most of the conditioners that I use are ones that I either get from the drugstores or beauty supply stores. I do own a few high end conditioners, but I mostly stick with conditioners that i can easily buy locally.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file