best product for curl definition?

krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
my curls need more definition, i use carol's daughter leave in , then brhg and scrunch with curls like us cloth, i think i'm scrunching wrong, or not using enough product but my curls aren't as defined. any ideas for another product?
Thanks!!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kccc is an excellent curl definer for me, as is Recoil. Either would work fine under the brhg. Experiment with technique as far as how wet your hair is when you apply stylers, and whether you apply products by scrunching them in, smoothing them in, or raking.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • theknowledge02theknowledge02 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Do you have product build up? When was the last time you clarified?
  • BeBeautyAshleyBeBeautyAshley Posts: 11Registered Users
    I love using pure argan oil to make my curls more defined, it works really well on my hair and it's super easy. First, make sure you buy pure argan oil (not the brands that mix it with other ingredients to cut their costs and charge you more $). I'm addicted to ISA Professional's EVAO (Extra Virgin Argan Oil), it lasts months and leaves my hair shiny and soft. After washing and towel drying my hair, I apply the argan on all my damp hair. I then use a wide tooth comb to spread it evenly, and scrunch my hair with my fingers, creating waves. Leave it to air dry and enjoy your defined curls, its so easy and only takes 5 minutes!
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I love using pure argan oil to make my curls more defined, it works really well on my hair and it's super easy. First, make sure you buy pure argan oil (not the brands that mix it with other ingredients to cut their costs and charge you more $). I'm addicted to ISA Professional's EVAO (Extra Virgin Argan Oil), it lasts months and leaves my hair shiny and soft. After washing and towel drying my hair, I apply the argan on all my damp hair. I then use a wide tooth comb to spread it evenly, and scrunch my hair with my fingers, creating waves. Leave it to air dry and enjoy your defined curls, its so easy and only takes 5 minutes!

I do the same thing with Creamy Baby Oil. Argan Oil and Coconut oil are fantastic for your hair and do define the curls; the only problem with them is that they absorb into your hair and eventually, the "definition effect" is lost. Mineral oil products don't do that; the oil stays on the outside of the hair shaft. But it creates the same effect you get with your argan oil and I use the Creamy Baby Oil because it's MUCH easier to work with than mineral oil or baby oil. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I happen to own the CD Hair Milk Leave In too, and I honestly think that it's the leave in that your using that needs being switched, if you haven't chosen to do so already. As, I feel that the combo of using the CD Leave In and BRHG together, doesn't work best overall for your curls.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file