Aveda Be Curly co wash

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
So Aveda has added a co wash to its Be Curly line. Has anyone tried it? what is the verdict?

Comments

• curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I had a sample of this and it was alright. I liked the smell of it and it seemed to do a good job. I didn't buy the full size because it doesn't seem any better then less expensive products.
  • mandymaemandymae Posts: 150Registered Users
    I went to my local Aveda store today in search for this and was told it doesn't go on sale until late June/early July. I did however get a sample to try and was able to peek at the ingredients. Ingredients look CG. Coco-betine is the 3rd ingredient. I will report back tomorrow after using it.
    I used my sample of Aveda's Be Curly Co-wash. The fragrance was nice; it is the exact same as the Be-Curly shampoo and conditioner. It distributed well throughout my scalp. It left my hair clean, but not stripped. It is not as moisturizing to me as As I Am Coconut Co-wash, but that may be due to amount of product used. The sample my Aveda store gives isn't the same amount I would use of my AIA. I like that it has coco-betine in it so if one used the Be Curly Curl Enhancer or other products with silicone, the silicone would be washed out. I think I will purchase a bottle when it becomes available at the end of the month.
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried a tiny sample of it as my friend, who works at Aveda, brought it for me to try. It smells nice and I think would work well. I have so much hair though that it only got me through 1/4-1/2 a wash. Am looking forward to trying it when it comes out.
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
    I tried a tiny sample of it as my friend, who works at Aveda, brought it for me to try. It smells nice and I think would work well. I have so much hair though that it only got me through 1/4-1/2 a wash. Am looking forward to trying it when it comes out.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds the samples to be tiny. The clerk gave me 3 sample sizes when she look at my hair as she realized that 1 wasn't going to be enough!
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hahaha yeah I don't even know why I bother with travel sized bottles or sample sizes. I always am like, "How little hair do they think I have?!"
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • BeBeautyAshleyBeBeautyAshley Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm definitely going to give this a try!
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I recently made a trip to an Aveda salon near me, as i wanted to learn as much as i could about the new Be Curly Co-Wash, as well as get a chance to check out the atmosphere inside. From the time that i walked inside till i got ready to leave, the manager there was very helpful and courteous, and she gave me a salon services brochure card along with a salon contact card, and a free sample of the new cowash. I told her that i would try it, and if i liked it, i would most surely come back to purchase the full size. The cowash definitely does have a very distinct aromatic smell to it, which i do find to be pretty okay. And, if the cowash does end up working for me, i will go back to buy the full size bottle. Of course, it is very pricey for an 8 oz. bottle of cowash ($24), which is why, if i do end up buying it, i will definitely be rotating it with other cleansers for sure.

So, if there's anyone that happens to live near an Aveda salon, i would highly recommend going there to ask in regards to getting a sample of the new cowash to try. As, Aveda products can be used on all races of hair.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought a liter in addition to a small bottle of the curl controller. Will see what happens! It does smell good.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file