hair dryer blues

connemara22connemara22 Posts: 69Registered Users
Hello everyone,

I am having some issues....I have not used heat products on my hair for years (20 or so with the exception of a 2 week trip to ireland). I am going on a trip to new orleans in a few weeks and i need a hair dryer...too humid to air dry without having all day to do it! I am looking for a good hairdryer that has a good diffuser....i am hoping for a cold air setting (not a button you have to keep holding in).

does anyone have any suggestions...please help a curly out

thank you all

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use the Diva XL diffuser bowl with my BaByliss 5541CU Pro Speed 2200 W Hair Dryer. The lowest temperature setting (there are three) is cool/cold air, which is awesome. I've had it for around a year now :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This might help http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/118164-anybody-have-expensive-hair-dryer.html?highlight=Expensive+Dryer I find a BIG difference between cheap hair dryers I've owned and the FHI Nano. I air dry rather then use cheap dryer that's at my vacation home. Reduces frizz by a lot.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • connemara22connemara22 Posts: 69Registered Users
    I keep looking at all the different dryers....i am overwhelmed. All i really want is one that does cold air (i hate heat on my hair). I don't want to spend 200 dollars but could do $100. I am going on vacation and need a dryer...one that does cold air and i don't have to hold a button down...lol

I do not know what the tourmaline, ceramic, ion etc do for the hair bc i have literally not used a blow dryer in 20 years (besides a few days while in ireland). I know i need a good diffuser. I have a ulta and sallys locally (@kathy mac) we live near eachother--we talked about this a loooong time ago
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Hi! I actually happen to live in Southeastern Louisiana, in the area where you will soon be visiting. The only hair dryers with diffusers that I have ever bought have either come from Walmart or Sally's. I look for ones that have ionic and tourmaline technology to them (that are designed to lock in shine and lock out frizz). Now, I also do own a professional salon hairdryer that I bought from Sally's which was very expensive (and is something that I consider a luxury item), and I chose to invest in such because I don't go to the salon, and had decided to invest in salon quality equipment within my home, so that I could set up my own little personal salon at home.

Overall, I personally recommend going with what you can afford. As, I have no complaints over the drugstore handheld blow dryers that I have bought and used from either Walmart or Sally's and many of the blow dryers that they offer within both stores do offer blowdryers that happen to have a cool shot button/setting on them.

And, I certainly do hope that you have a great time, when you come to visit New Orleans! :toothy4:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I keep looking at all the different dryers....i am overwhelmed. All i really want is one that does cold air (i hate heat on my hair). I don't want to spend 200 dollars but could do $100. I am going on vacation and need a dryer...one that does cold air and i don't have to hold a button down...lol

I do not know what the tourmaline, ceramic, ion etc do for the hair bc i have literally not used a blow dryer in 20 years (besides a few days while in ireland). I know i need a good diffuser. I have a ulta and sallys locally (@kathy mac) we live near eachother--we talked about this a loooong time ago

I totally remember you! I saw the FHI Pro Nano 1800 on overstock.com for $99. Don't know what your time frame is. If you're going to spend $100, you should get a great dryer!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Curl Neophyte Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So... A bit embarrassing to admit but I got one of the Kardashian hair dryers. It comes with a diffuser and I ordered it online and I think it works pretty well actually. It was $89.
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file