Winter to Summer Transtion

russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So... I finally broke down and got a lighter leave-in than the Shea Moisture one I've been using that a friend gave to me. I really liked it but it overmoisturized my hair EVERY time I did my regular wash routine.

It's so annoying because I can use pretty heavy products in the winter even though my hair is thick, but fine.

Also, have you noticed that when your hair overmoisturized you lose like your half your volume?

Anyway, just ranting... I ordered Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite. I really liked the heavier version in the winter so I figured this would be a good one to try!
2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran

Comments

• SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    When I do use a moisturizing conditioner (say, like GVP balm) I do lose a ton of volume, like my hair is heavy or something. But my hairs feels amazingly silky :) i have a hard time rinsing out heavier conditioners completely.

I often ditch the leave-in in summer altogether as long as my hair is feeling fine. Even in winter I use a really light leave in (some V05 that's been discontinued, and even then I use only the tiniest amount).

If I could figure out what to do in high dew points and humidity, I'd feel like a million bucks. Where some folks hair expands in high humidity, mine just limps out (sigh).
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm finding the opposite to be true. After reading numerous posts about changing things up for Summer, I started trying to use lighter products. All is good for about half the day and then my fine porous curls start rising towards the heavens. Don't get me wrong, I like the whole big hair thing, but it does tend to border on the ridiculous. It seems I need the weight of Shea Moisture, or similiar products to keep the poof factor down to a resonable level. It's either that, or I have to use unreasonable amounts of gel and have ramen noodles on me head.
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    Everyone's hair is so different! ;-)

I still need that hard hold even in summer. I guess that's the difference for me in terms of light vs. heavy conditioning, etc.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The cjcccc lite works great with no leave in under it in normal or high dews, for me at least. I've been having luck with the following this summer: using a curl cream and some kccc, plopping, then adding some more kccc before diffusing. The first kccc application acts as a curl enhancer, the second when the hair is less wet seems to provide hold. I think the curl cream seals the hair, and the humectants in the kccc can then work without the hair overfilling with moisture.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Serenecurls I never thought about that! So would you say the CJCCCC works as a leave in/curl creme in that way? I'm using Mop Top's Curly Custard which is pretty similar to KCCC.
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For me, it does, yes. I decided to try because I noticed some of the ingredients were also present in leave in conditioners I like. In the winter I was putting kckt under it, but our dews are extremely low in the winter.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file