seriously, people....

rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
CRAYONS and coloured pencils for MAKEUP????

:confused3:

just say NO!

Don’t use crayons for DIY makeup hack, Crayola warns | CTV News
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    How stupid. It's like needing to put HOT on a cup coffee.

That said, I do get annoyed with how paranoid people get over crayons now. Of course you don't want a kid to eat them (not that I have ever seen one try) but I'm amazed at the warnings against letting your children touch colored paraffin wax wrapped in protective paper while drawing a picture. Better avoid birthday candles on cakes!! It's a death trap.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eveumeveum Registered Users Posts: 744 Curl Neophyte
    I've been waiting for this stupid Pinterest trend to die.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    I've spent a lifetime drawing on myself with pens and sharpies (not as makeup!) and I haven't died yet. It's no doubt weird to use crayons as makeup (especially when there is every color and type of makeup out there) but hey, if that's what she wants to do, have at it.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I've spent a lifetime drawing on myself with pens and sharpies (not as makeup!) and I haven't died yet. It's no doubt weird to use crayons as makeup (especially when there is every color and type of makeup out there) but hey, if that's what she wants to do, have at it.

I've drawn on myself (and blue jeans. always blue jeans) with markers and pens, but never my face, especially the eye or lip area. I had to get on YT amd watch a few of the videos after I read this thread. The colored pencils freaked me out more than crayons. They soak them water for some time and then do eyeliner and lipstick. Most of the videos are done by little girls. I'm talking 6-12 years old with no real makeup of their own. They were copying videos they had seen older girls do, soaking the pencils and loving some blue lipstick. It glides on but did not seem to rub off easily at all when dry. I kept thinking,.. Do some chores amd buy a 99 cent blue lipstick at the drug store!!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    It seems like she needs to find a purpose in life.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • MAinsleyMAinsley Registered Users Posts: 9
    Everytime I see people using it, it just looks like weird to see

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file