Recommend styling product for boys

gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
I have two boys ages 1 and 3. I'm just looking for a recommendation for a product to style their hair when we want to do something a little different. Their hair isn't poker straight (I have 3B/C corkicellis). They have a beautiful soft wave to their hair when it grows a little length. But I haven't been here in a while & was hoping for some product suggestions for boys with a light wave to their hair.
3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls

Comments

• russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Honestly, I haven't seen any products specifically designed for boys besides Shea Moisture's line. It comes with a dark blue label (and I think is actually designed for men). But I know SM makes a line for children and there are a couple other kids' lines you might want to check out. They tend to be gentler then the regular ones. Go onto CurlMart and check out the Fuzzy Duck line (can't remember the company).

Hope that helps!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    I use whatever gel I have on my son's hair and it all has worked just fine. Although we cut his hair in a short fade every few months it gets some waves and curls as it grows and he likes it "flat and curved" lol. He likes it comed down and to the side on his forehead kinda hipster like. Which is weird I've tried spiking it since he was a toddler and he would always freak out and get a brush to flatten it back out.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Because usually youngsters hair is really really fine, maybe look into something like the Ouidad Kids spray gel, super light, frizz fighting. Spray and go. Or if you have something like CIAB on hand, you could thin that in a bottle and spritz on, or if their hair isn't that fine, use as is. Do they have any specific hair issues? Frizz? Dry hair?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    My son is 6 and his hair is pretty coarse. It was only fine the first year of his life.. lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file