I'm all in!

jpbostonjpboston Posts: 2Registered Users
Woah!!! It's been a couple weeks since I've started the CG method. I've devoted probably 16+ hours of research time.... but I am in love with my curls all over again. My hair has never looked healthier and it is looking better by the day.

I am 35, I have been torturing my hair with Pantene shampoo + conditioner for as long as I can remember. Add on top of that Tresemme curl gel and loads of curl mousse and a thick spraying of hairspray on top for a crunchy dry head of hair. And loads of silicone... mainly Sleek and Shine serums and sprays. And permanent box dye every 3 mos. for gray coverage. Oye!

Luckily everyone always loved my curls and was complimentary of them. I'd get my haircut at the chains, SuperCuts and the like. Every now and then I would go to a fancy salon for colors. One length and kept it long. No hairdresser ever told me that my hair was unhealthy or dry, so I just kept up the routine. And I was fond of the crunchies because it kept the frizz at bay, so I would just keep piling it on. I thought there was no other option. When a hairdresser would try those expensive salon products on my head, the pomades and conditioners.... it always was a poof ball after i left and felt sticky, and I didn't want that... so back I was to crunchy town. Straightening daily was never really an option, it just takes too long. So, at least heat damage was never a problem.

The last year I found I was wearing my hair pulled back a lot more and not bothering with my curls. I looked into Devacurl, but at the rate I was going through conditioner and products I didn't want to spend all that money. Finally with the explosion of Wen, Devacurl, and hearing more and more about co-wash I decided I needed to look into this more.

I am soooooo glad I did. So many curl friendly brands can be bought easily, at Sally, drugstore.com, Target, Walmart, Amazon.... As I said I am only 2 weeks in my hair has not been so shiny and healthy! To have nice shiny spiraly, soft curls is something I thought I would NEVER experience. I just thought I didn't have the hair for it. I have rid my closet of my stockpile of unhealthy hair products.

Next is a Devacut, lets see if I can get some style going now and not just a one length pony!

Thank you to all that have shared your knowledge on this forum, your blogs and youtube; you have been a god sent!

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    jpboston wrote: »
    Woah!!! It's been a couple weeks since I've started the CG method. I've devoted probably 16+ hours of research time.... but I am in love with my curls all over again. My hair has never looked healthier and it is looking better by the day.

I am 35, I have been torturing my hair with Pantene shampoo + conditioner for as long as I can remember. Add on top of that Tresemme curl gel and loads of curl mousse and a thick spraying of hairspray on top for a crunchy dry head of hair. And loads of silicone... mainly Sleek and Shine serums and sprays. And permanent box dye every 3 mos. for gray coverage. Oye!

Luckily everyone always loved my curls and was complimentary of them. I'd get my haircut at the chains, SuperCuts and the like. Every now and then I would go to a fancy salon for colors. One length and kept it long. No hairdresser ever told me that my hair was unhealthy or dry, so I just kept up the routine. And I was fond of the crunchies because it kept the frizz at bay, so I would just keep piling it on. I thought there was no other option. When a hairdresser would try those expensive salon products on my head, the pomades and conditioners.... it always was a poof ball after i left and felt sticky, and I didn't want that... so back I was to crunchy town. Straightening daily was never really an option, it just takes too long. So, at least heat damage was never a problem.

The last year I found I was wearing my hair pulled back a lot more and not bothering with my curls. I looked into Devacurl, but at the rate I was going through conditioner and products I didn't want to spend all that money. Finally with the explosion of Wen, Devacurl, and hearing more and more about co-wash I decided I needed to look into this more.

I am soooooo glad I did. So many curl friendly brands can be bought easily, at Sally, drugstore.com, Target, Walmart, Amazon.... As I said I am only 2 weeks in my hair has not been so shiny and healthy! To have nice shiny spiraly, soft curls is something I thought I would NEVER experience. I just thought I didn't have the hair for it. I have rid my closet of my stockpile of unhealthy hair products.

Next is a Devacut, lets see if I can get some style going now and not just a one length pony!

Thank you to all that have shared your knowledge on this forum, your blogs and youtube; you have been a god sent!

Welcome! :love5:

I am so glad that you decided to join us. Also, I am super happy to hear about your being in love with your curls all over again. I certainly do wish you all the best with your Curly Girl journey! And, after you happen to get your Deva cut, I certainly hope that you'll share pictures of the results with us.

Hope your day is a wonderful one!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • jpbostonjpboston Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you! As much info as I have learned over the last 2 weeks I am also looking forward to a professional getting their hands on it to let me know porosity, density, etc... and to teach me so much more about what my hair needs. I am so happy today with the curl formation, the shine and the lack of crunch because I am not shellacking my head with Rave or Aquanet. And it is only 2 weeks, I expect it to get better and better. I am getting some halo frizz but I think that is probably damage and breakage acting out, possibly also the lack of layers, and needing to play with products a bit more. I'm never going back!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file