Crochet braids

scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
Ok, my hair has been giving me the blues. I'm going to give it a break and try some crochet braids. I just thought I would share all the new crochet hair out. anyone tried this new hair?

I've ordered....

Curlkalon - Carrie

Curlkalon - Kenzie

Freetress - Senegalese twists (installing these on a friend this weekend)

Freetress - Bouncy twist out

th?&id=HQ.74307803416&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

freetress_crochet_braid_detail.jpg

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    scrills wrote: »
    Ok, my hair has been giving me the blues. I'm going to give it a break and try some crochet braids. I just thought I would share all the new crochet hair out. anyone tried this new hair?

I've ordered....

Curlkalon - Carrie

Curlkalon - Kenzie

Freetress - Senegalese twists (installing these on a friend this weekend)

Freetress - Bouncy twist out

th?&id=HQ.74307803416&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

freetress_crochet_braid_detail.jpg

I like the ones you ordered from Fretress but overall the other company's hair looks better to me. I like a more natural look that doesn't scream weave. Curlkalon wins by a mile in my book.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Agreed. I've been practicing invisible parts to Senegalese twists to make sure I get the parts and edges to look natural. I can't wait for all my hair to arrive. I'm so excited!

With the one I bought from Freetress, there will still be a lot of cutting that needs to be done
    scrills wrote: »
    Agreed. I've been practicing invisible parts to Senegalese twists to make sure I get the parts and edges to look natural. I can't wait for all my hair to arrive. I'm so excited!

With the one I bought from Freetress, there will still be a lot of cutting that needs to be done

The senegalese twists are beautiful.
    huffpost just did an article on crochet braids

Crochet Braid Hairstyles That Will 'Protect' Your Locks All Summer Long
    Update. so as excited as I was about curlkalon hair and i ended up not liking it. it was too "something". but i don't wear weaves and it wasn't my hair color (i dye my hair) and I just couldn't get used to it. I think the curls were just too uniform for me and they wouldn't separate without a lot of work. I REALLY wanted to like it but it I took the hair out after 2 days.

I also did my friends hair. Now her hair turned out amazing!!!! In 2 days multiple have stopped her trying to get my information. With her i did the Senegalese twists.

Here are the pics....
    Sent from my SM-N910P using CurlTalk App
    you friend's hair looks nice.

. I know what you mean about fake curls. I had a curly wig and I didn't like it because the curls looked too perfect and no frizz. I actually like a slight bit of frizz to make my hair look real instead of fake. I didn't know how to make it more realistic looking so gave it away.

for some reason one of your photo was deleted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file