Need Bleaching Advice. :)

KCJ321KCJ321 Registered Users Posts: 2
Okay, I added a burgundy-ish/red semi permanent color to my hair.....then later on (about a month later) bleached it & it turned like a pink-ish color. I added a purple semi permanent color to my hair & it turned my hair like a maroon type of color instead of purple. That was a few months ago & it is fading to the pink-ish color it turned when I bleached it. I want to try again & dye my hair purple & blue, but I'm afraid to bleach my hair again. I heard it can make your hair fall out & I DO NOT want that. Lol. I see that a lot of naturals bleach their hair without a care in the world, so I wanted to ask you guys what would you suggest or any advice you guys may have for me? :)

Comments

• HtBlackHtBlack Registered Users Posts: 292
    If ypur base colour is light, like light brown or ash blonde, you won't need to bleach for very long so your hair might stand it - but it also depends on how much the past bleachings have affected your hair. If you're dark brown like me, a third bleaching almost killed mine!

Theoretically speaking, your length is bleached already, so what you could do is bleach your growth/roots only and give your length a very quick bleaching to take out the pink colour without stripping the hair too much.

Coconut oil on the hair before bleaching I hear helps reduce damage, but I've never done it myself because I haven't bleached in so long!

Ps. Before ruining your hair, consider waiting a few months more while you pamper your hair, or getting it done at a salon.
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • KCJ321KCJ321 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for your advice. I have naturally black hair, so it is really hard for any kind of color to stick to my hair without looking like I didn't do anything. Lol. I have found a slow natural process to lighten my hair with cinnamon and honey that I think I will try. I also heard I could dye it blonde.
  • HtBlackHtBlack Registered Users Posts: 292
    If you have dark hair like that, dyeing it blonde means bleaching: you can't dye yellow over black with a deposit-only hair dye. What the dye will do is a double process: lift colour pigment from the hair while depositing a different one (lifting colour is bleaching).

I never tried the process you mentioned, but fair warning: for dark-haired ladies - and I know this from experience XD - there's a brassy tone right between the nice blonde and the nice brown that is pretty hard to lift even with a chemical bleaching... so with a more natural, slow process you might never be able to get past it!

I'd be curious to know how it works out if you try the natural process, please let me know. (:
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file