Not your mother's beach babe products

nu_natural10nu_natural10 Posts: 114Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I would love to hear if any of you have tried these. They're sulfate free and promote moisture. They say they're for all hair types. Let me know what you think!
Shampoo: Terressetials Mud Wash (lavender or lemon)
Co-Wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Condish
Leave In: Kinky Curly Knot Today
Creams/Oils: Raw Shea Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jamican Black Castor Oil and Jojoba Oil

Comments

• BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes! I used the texturizing sea salt spray for over 8 months. My Daughter suggested it when I was complaining about my hair's maddening, lifetime poof factor. It was a miracle to me, as I had curls that I didn't even know existed and the poof factor was eliminated. It was truly amazing until things started going very wrong.

Although I had given up (maybe 2 years prior?) both chemicals (hair dye) and heat of any kind, my hair started looking and feeling, totally fried. It was when I started searching for a remedy that I learned about the CG method.

After a ton of research, I now know my hair was fried by the salt. Salt is VERY drying - which makes sense when you think about it. It's been used as a preservative for years! You can put in whatever lovely moisturizers with it, but it's still salt. I've had to trim and baby my hair all of this time, just as much as I would have if I had been frying it with flat irons, curling wands, and blow dryers, and/or hair dye.

I should also add, that my hair is frog hair fine and naturally, highly porous. I'm sure that contributed greatly to the damaging factor this product had on my hair.
    Still...
    I would be VERY, VERY careful using any kind of beach wave product. Especially, for any extended period of time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file