Is there a limit for hair growth in each person?

longhair21longhair21 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I would like to know if each one of us have a limit for hair growth, for example, I don't know why I have never had my hair up to my waist, even though I take biotin and the GNC Ultra Nourish Hair. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.

Comments

• CurlyAeriCurlyAeri Posts: 21Registered Users
    Genetics do play a role in hair growth (how fast it grows,how thick it is, etc...) but there is not a limit to your hair length in general . Although you do take hair supplements, they are many other things you must consider when viewing the health of your hair. Do you have a large enough water intake (the recommended daily amount), do you have a well balanced diet, do you deep condition or apply protein treatments enough, and do you sleep with a satin hair bonnet or on a silk pillow to avoid the cotton sucking moisture out your hair (which results in dry ends---breakage) ? So those a re just a few things to think about , I hope this was a little help:)
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    longhair21 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I would like to know if each one of us have a limit for hair growth, for example, I don't know why I have never had my hair up to my waist, even though I take biotin and the GNC Ultra Nourish Hair. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.

Yes, it's referred to as terminal length. Terminal length varies from person to person, and is genetic in nature. Are you referring to waist-length curly or straight, by the way?
    General tips for growing out are just the standard tips for retaining length: keeping a good balance between protein and moisture, trimming/dusting when needed, drinking a good amount of water, mainly low maintenance styling, etc.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • jesszfjesszf Posts: 1Registered Users
    Could your 'terminal length' change as you age?
    I'm from Brazil :toothy4:
    2C/3A mix, medium porosity, low density.
    Modified CG since 2009!

Products:
    - Cleansers: DevaCurl Low Poo, Yamasterol Co-Wash (brazilian product)
    - Conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition, Real Me Curl-to-Coil conditioner
    - Styling: Lola Cosmetics Milagre! leave-in, Capicilin Redutor de Volume gel (both brazilian products), DevaCurl Volumizing Foam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file